Azerbaijani minister: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming global process
The World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is becoming a global process as partner organizations keep growing in numbers, said Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev.
He made the remarks at a press conference held in Baku May 4 in connection with the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, APA reported.
The Azerbaijani minister expressed gratitude to the forum participants for supporting the Baku process.
“The UN Food and Agriculture Organization’s joining the forum is a significant fact. I believe that during the two days the forum participants will find Azerbaijani products delicious and safe,” he said.
The minister noted that the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue differs from previous forums in a number of ways.
“For the first time, a high-level assembly of international organizations within the framework of the World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue is expected to take place. We believe First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva will join the forum. A meeting on issues of combating extremism will also be held as part of this year’s forum on the initiative of Azerbaijan and UNESCO,” Garayev said.
The minister said the forum will also bring together ministers of tourism and culture.
“A special session on food safety will be organized within the framework of the forum. Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva will deliver a speech at the session,” said Garayev, adding. “Moreover, a meeting of representatives of parliaments of different countries will be held as part of the forum. A special award will also be established during the forum.”
The minister went on to say that UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova will also arrive in Baku tomorrow.
Garayev recalled that about 40 countries took part in the first forum held in 2011.
“This year the forum will bring together representatives of about 120 countries, 50 international organizations and 50 non-governmental organizations. All this shows the international community’s focus on the forum. The forum will for the first time be broadcast on the TV channel and website of the UN,” he added.
Related news releases
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 25.05.2018Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 04.05.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of newly renovated educational block of ASUCA
- 02.05.2017Sami Yusuf: Baku Shopping Festival – an excellent opportunity to promote Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2017Ramiz Guliyev awarded Sharaf order