Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
Baku hosted an event dedicated to the twinning project on culture which was jointly launched by Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Italy’s Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Activities and Tourism in 2016.
Addressing the event, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev hailed the contributions of the project to the ongoing reforms on culture in Azerbaijan.
The minister also referred to the first project which was dedicated to the development of tourism.
“The first project was successful. This time, a special tender was held for the new twinning project, and it was decided to implement the project jointly with Italy,” said Garayev expressing gratitude to the European Union and Italy’s Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism for the launch of the project on culture.
“It is important for me that not only the state, but also local self-government bodies deal with cultural development in Azerbaijan,” added the minister.
Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Kęstutis Jankauskas noted that his organization attaches great importance to promoting culture.
"This project is a unique tool that brings together experts in order for them to share their experience. Azerbaijan’s rich cultural heritage is well-known to the world. Today there is a strategy for promoting culture and I believe the project will continue successfully,” he said.
Italy's new Ambassador to Azerbaijan Augusto Massari spoke about his country's participation in implementing the project, noting that Azerbaijan has a culture that stems from a long history. The ambassador emphasized that Italy is pleased to be involved in this project in Azerbaijan.
The project is funded by the European Union in line with the 1999 Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, as well as the 2004 EU-Azerbaijan European Neighborhood Policy Action Plan. The goal of the project is to support the process of reformation in Azerbaijan’s culture sector.
Related news releases
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018