Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
Initiated by the Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva, a patriotic poetry day was held at the Heydar Aliyev Congress Center in Gabala on December 15.
Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attended the event.
Organized in partnership with SEBA (Seoul-Baku) Azerbaijan-Korea Cultural Exchange Association and the Union of Azerbaijani Writers, the event brought together members of the Union of Writers, literary and cultural figures, young poets, the Karabakh war veterans from Gabala and representatives of general public.
The opening ceremony of the poetry day featured the screening of a film highlighting national leader Heydar Aliyev's and President Ilham Aliyev's attention to poets and writers, as well as their meetings with the military servicemen.
Addressing the event, People's Poet Nariman Hasanzade noted that patriotism has always been topical in Azerbaijani literature and is of great importance nowadays too.
Young poets Farid Huseynov, Gulnar Gasimli, Lamiya Isayeva, Zahra Badalbeyli, Alsu Jarchili, Aynur Nurlu, Heyran Huseynova and Shahana Mushfig read their poems about the war, as well as about Azerbaijan and Baku.
Then Leyla Aliyeva recited her poems dedicated to the memory of Zahra and the city of Baku.
The event also featured performance of Azerbaijani musicians.
The “Collection of poems by young poets on patriotism”, published with the support of the Azerbaijan Writers Union, was presented at the event. The book, which includes 61 poems of 47 young poets, including Leyla Aliyeva, was distributed among the participants and guests.
At the end of the event, Leyla Aliyeva posed for photographs together with the participants.
The author of the idea of poetry day is Aynur Nurlu and the director is Rovnag Hasanzade, artistic director of Azerbaijan Television's “Madaniyyat” (Culture) channel.
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity