Heydar Aliyev Foundation supports production of Objective Baku documentary commemorating victory over Nazism - VİDEO
The initial viewing will be hosted by the Heydar Aliyev Center. The documentary dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism was produced by Arzu Aliyeva, the Chief Producer, Louis Vaudeville, the Producer, and Robert Mugnerot, the Director, the Heydar Aliyev Center told APA.
The plot of the documentary reveals the role of the Azerbaijani people in defeating Nazism and the strategic importance of the Azerbaijani oil during the war.
In the course of the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945), 700 thousand men were drafted in Azerbaijan, 400 thousand out of them never made it back home. Meanwhile, Azerbaijan’s input to the war efforts was not only restricted to human resources. The role of the Azerbaijani oil in the Victory shall not be overseen. E.g. 72 per cent of the Soviet crude was produced in Baku. This implies that 7 out of 10 tanks or war planes were fuelled by Baku’s ‘black gold’.
The address by Arzu Aliyeva, the documentary’s Chief Producer, reads: “The 70th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism is to be celebrated on May 9, 2015. If not for the Baku oil, the Victory of the Soviet Union would have been at serious peril.”
According to Arzu Aliyeva, Objective Baku documentary pursues the goal to convey the message of Azerbaijan’s heroic history to the world, as well as to the country’s youth.
“On the other hand, this is the homage to the Azerbaijani population suffering the grievous impact of the war and forging the hard-earned Victory both at the frontline and in the rear.” – the Chief Producer concluded.
The documentary is the joint product by the Baku Media Center and the Clarke Costelle & Co. production company recognized for its documentaries.
It should also be noted that another documentary produced by Clarke Costelle & Co., Apocalypse: The Second World War, aired in 171 countries gathered the total audience exceeding 1 billion viewers.
Objective Baku took 14 months of substantial research in Azerbaijan, Germany, the US, the UK, France and Russia, with over 200 hours of videomaterials, photographs and other documents scrutinized.
The film provides a totally new approach to the history of World War II, i.e. through the prism of oil. The documentary also features some unique video snapshots of the WW2 battles never shown to this day in a totally new format of restored color film.
Along with the Azerbaijani version, the Russian, English, French, German and Italian versions of the documentary are available.
After the presentation at the Heydar Aliyev Center, the film is to be broadcast at the National Geographic channel in 26 countries on May 8, 9 and 10.
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 04.05.2015Heydar Aliyev Foundation to organize exhibition on Azerbaijan’s culture in Paris
- 06.05.2015Afag Beshirgizi awarded presidential personal pension
- 07.05.2015Magsud Ibrahimbeyov awarded Shohrat order
- 17.04.2015Popular Azerbaijani composer, people’s artist Ramiz Mirishli dies
- 29.03.2015Shafiga Mammadova awarded honorary diploma of President of Republic of Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2015Minister: Azerbaijan continues measures for early detection of reconnaissance, subversive and terrorist activities