Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
The fourth meeting of the Ministers of Culture and Tourism was held Saturday wthin the framework of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue.
The meeting was joined by more than 40 ministers and deputy ministers of Turkey, Russia, Iraq and other countries, heads of international organizations, and representatives of diplomatic corps, APA reports.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said that the meeting is a good opportunity in terms of providing information about humanitarian projects implemented as a result of the efforts of the Azerbaijani leadership. According to him, cooperation between international structures can establish a safer world.
In the opinion of UN High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, the forum plays an important role in strengthening the dialogue between peoples and states, finding innovative solutions to the problem of violent extremism, and ensuring human security.
"This is the only way to security and peace. Now everyone is calling for peace. Peace and dialogue are interrelated. The resolution of conflicts is important from the point of view of long-term development," he said.
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova noted that there is no alternative to multipolarism. Stressing the importance of sustainable development to unite representatives of culture and religions, the general director said that political leaders have already started using "soft power".
Mr. Taleb Rifai, Secretary-General of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), said that tourism is a distributor of cultural heritage. "Tourism can play a big role in the preservation of cultural heritage. If there is good governance, tourism can contribute to the maintenance of peace and security,” he said.
Minister of Culture and Tourism of Turkey Nabi Avcı stressed the importance of using intercultural dialogue at ministerial meetings. In his view, the relationship between culture and tourism will facilitate contacts between countries and will strengthen the fight against extremism.
Minister of Culture of the Russian Federation Vladimir Medinsky made a presentation of several cultural monuments of his country. According to the minister, only thanks to joint efforts is it possible to restore the Syrian city of Palmyra, which was destroyed by terrorists.
Minister of Culture of Iraq Faryad Raundozi spoke about the damage caused to cultural monuments in the country by terrorists.
"Up to 15,000 artifacts were transported away from Iraq. 254 manuscripts were burned in Mosul. Unfortunately, a number of countries are supporting terrorists,” he said.
The event continued with discussions.
Related news releases
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination