President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
On November 10, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the inauguration of the new building of Ganja State Philharmonic.
President Aliyev laid the foundation of Ganja State Philharmonic in 2012. The construction work here was completed this November.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the philharmonic and toured the building.
The head of state was informed that the six-storey building features administrative, training, make-up, director’s and recreation rooms, and a canteen. The building also houses a 1200-seat concert and a 300-seat conference hall, 11 boxes, including one VIP.
The philharmonic will also feature the sale of books.
The statues of Uzeyir Hajibeyli, Fikrat Amirov, Gara Garayev, Niyazi and Arif Malikov are installed on the balcony on the third floor of the building.
An open-air summer concert stage, observation tower, 500-car underground parking lot and two-storey gallery of two blocks with a total area of 2,000 square meters were also built in the area.
Extensive landscaping work was done around the philharmonic hall, and decorative flower bushes were planted here.
Two fountains decorated with national ornaments were installed in front of the building.
President Aliyev then met with representatives of the general public of the city of Ganja and posed for photographs with them.
Later, the president viewed the construction of “Majestic Palace” hotel as part of his visit to Ganja.
The head of state was informed of the construction work.
The construction of the hotel started in April 2015, and has now entered its final stage. The seven-storey hotel will feature a total of 52 rooms, including one king`s suit, eight suites, 10 deluxe and 33 standard rooms. The hotel will also house a 120-seat restaurant and a 20-seat conference hall. The hotel has a 50-car parking lot.
Once put into service, the hotel will create 50 jobs.
President Aliyev was also informed of landscaping and construction work in the city.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 31.10.2017European Film Festival to open in Baku on Nov. 2
- 30.10.2017People’s Artist Rafig Huseynov passes away
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 135th jubilee of prominent playwright Huseyn Javid
- 17.10.2017Azerbaijan to mark 100th jubilee of composer Gara Garayev
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on National Art Museum employees
- 27.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Carpet Museum employees
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on cultural figures
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Museum of History and Local Lore in Shamkir after major overhaul
- 14.08.2017President allocates 6.9 million for development of culture
- 12.08.2017Alim Gasimov awarded “Sheref” order
- 03.08.2017Israeli ambassador: Gabala music festival well-organized
- 31.07.2017Azerbaijan to celebrate 75th anniversary of Muslim Magomayev
- 31.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival officially opens
- 29.07.20179th Gabala International Music Festival kicks off
- 14.07.2017Heydar Aliyev Foundation organizes Days of Azerbaijani Culture in Cannes
- 11.07.2017Advisory body refuses to add Shaki Khans’ Palace to UNESCO World Heritage List
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents “Istiglal” Order to People's Artist Fidan Gasimova
- 24.05.2017Paris to host literary evening in honor of Azerbaijani poet Vagif Samadoglu
- 22.05.2017Firangiz Alizade awarded Sharaf Order
- 17.05.2017‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Washington, DC
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijan to mark Bulbul’s 120th anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ministers of culture and tourism meet within framework of Baku Forum
- 05.05.2017Role of parliaments discussed at World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku
- 05.05.2017UN High Representative: Baku process has become a platform
- 05.05.2017Council of Europe calls on member states to pass laws to prevent discrimination
- 05.05.2017OIC: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue ‘a crucial step’ taken to address global challenges
- 04.05.2017Armenia was also invited to participate in Baku Forum, says Azerbaijani minister
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 03.11.2017Salaries of Azerbaijan State Symphonic Orchestra’s artistic staff increased