President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
On November 10, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the inauguration of the new building of Ganja State Philharmonic.
President Aliyev laid the foundation of Ganja State Philharmonic in 2012. The construction work here was completed this November.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the philharmonic and toured the building.
The head of state was informed that the six-storey building features administrative, training, make-up, director’s and recreation rooms, and a canteen. The building also houses a 1200-seat concert and a 300-seat conference hall, 11 boxes, including one VIP.
The philharmonic will also feature the sale of books.
The statues of Uzeyir Hajibeyli, Fikrat Amirov, Gara Garayev, Niyazi and Arif Malikov are installed on the balcony on the third floor of the building.
An open-air summer concert stage, observation tower, 500-car underground parking lot and two-storey gallery of two blocks with a total area of 2,000 square meters were also built in the area.
Extensive landscaping work was done around the philharmonic hall, and decorative flower bushes were planted here.
Two fountains decorated with national ornaments were installed in front of the building.
President Aliyev then met with representatives of the general public of the city of Ganja and posed for photographs with them.
Later, the president viewed the construction of “Majestic Palace” hotel as part of his visit to Ganja.
The head of state was informed of the construction work.
The construction of the hotel started in April 2015, and has now entered its final stage. The seven-storey hotel will feature a total of 52 rooms, including one king`s suit, eight suites, 10 deluxe and 33 standard rooms. The hotel will also house a 120-seat restaurant and a 20-seat conference hall. The hotel has a 50-car parking lot.
Once put into service, the hotel will create 50 jobs.
President Aliyev was also informed of landscaping and construction work in the city.
Related news releases
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijan elected to one of UNESCO’s most important bodies
- 25.05.2018Press conference on documentary “The Last Session” held in Baku
- 21.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Friendship Order to Anna Netrebko
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan names first deputy minister of culture
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on several museum employees
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan’s President awards art workers with presidential awards
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards cultural figures with presidential personal pension
- 01.05.2018Original portraits of Shah Ismail and son to be exhibited in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2018‘Ali and Nino’ play to be premiered in Georgia
- 26.04.2018British Film Springs to life in Baku
- 23.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to confer honorary titles on several professionals over cultural heritage protection
- 03.04.2018“Absheron National Park” documentary presented
- 25.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev viewed newly-reconstructed Barda Mausoleum and Torpaggala Complex
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to director of Moscow Academic Theatre of Satire
- 05.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening ceremony of Cultural Center in Shagan
- 19.02.2018Arif Babayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 09.02.2018Alexander Sharovsky awarded ‘Sharaf’ Order
- 02.02.2018Rafig Azimov awarded Shohrat Order
- 01.02.2018Magsud Ibrahimbeyov Creative Center to be established in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on marking 120th anniversary of Azerbaijani cinema
- 23.01.2018Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full
- 16.01.2018People’s Artist Chingiz Sadykhov laid to rest - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Body of famous musician Chingiz Sadykhov to be brought to Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers Shohrat orders upon Rauf Babayev and Flora Gasimova
- 28.12.2017Salkhab Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 27.12.2017Film dedicated to famous Indian actor Dharmendra screened in Baku
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan to mark 80th anniversary of composer Elza Ibrahimova
- 22.12.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to Golden Fox Award winner Steppe Man
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Heydar Aliyev" Order to People’s Artist Omar Eldarov
- 16.12.2017Vice-President of Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva attends poetry day in Gabala - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Kamancha inscribed on UNESCO Representative List as cultural samples of Azerbaijan and Iran
- 06.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva inaugurates new building of music school named after Rostropovichs
- 06.12.2017UNESCO recognizes Azerbaijan's dolma as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- 18.11.2017IV Baku Int’l Tourism Film Festival wraps up
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 10th anniversary of Baku Process
- 15.11.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to twinning project on culture
- 13.11.2017Funding of theatre industry in Azerbaijan down by 300%
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Ganja State Philharmonic
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan selects entry for Eurovision 2018
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani classical music mesmerizes audience in Sacramento
- 19.10.2009Russia-Azerbaijan joint music project to start tomorrow
- 20.10.2009Jordanian Culture Days opened in Baku – PHOTOSESSION
- 22.10.2009Solemn opening ceremony of International Jazz festival held in Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.10.2009Moroccan artists to give concert in Sumgayit
- 15.10.2009Azerbaijani Minister of Culture meets with Qatari counterpart
- 15.10.2009Days of Azerbaijani Culture to be held in Cuba in March, 2010