President Ilham Aliyev views works carried out in "Baku Agropark" in Zira settlement - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today viewed works carried out in "Baku Agropark" in Zira settlement, Khazar district.
Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev and entrepreneur Samad Qurbanov informed the head of state of the agropark.
“Baku Agropark” Ltd costs nearly 68 million manats.
It includes a greenhouse complex for growing tomato, which occupies an area of 10 hectares. The complex has an annual production capacity of 3.3 million tons. The first stage of the project, which included construction of infrastructure, cost 21.7 million manats, of which 10 million manats were provided by the Entrepreneurship Support Fund in preferential loans.
The greenhouse features the fourth generation Dutch technology of growing tomato. The complex exports its products under “Tomat.az” brand.
The project created 140 jobs. Once fully operational, the complex will create more jobs.
President Ilham Aliyev met with the staff of the complex and posed for photographs with them.
- 12.01.2018New bill on stimulating agricultural insurance to be tabled in Azerbaijani Parliament
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijan approves quota for fishing in 2018
- 28.12.2017Oil prices go up
- 25.12.2017Export of agricultural products from Azerbaijan to Russia increased by 60%
- 02.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev views vineyards in Shamakhi
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on development of tea, rice and citrus fruits production
- 03.09.2017Azerbaijani President: Conditions created in our districts prevent migration to large cities
- 03.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev: We increased our currency reserves by $3.6bn in 7 months
- 03.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference on development of tea, rice and citrus fruits production in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed Gilan Orchards LLC`s citrus gardens in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017Azerbaijan President opens Khazar Palace hotel in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev viewed rice paddies and opened rice plant in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates cereals and pulses cleaning and packing complex in Jalilabad
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended inauguration of Logistics Center of Shamkir Agropark
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of lemonade plant in Gadabay
- 20.08.2017Azerbaijani President: “With a new approach, we will achieve productivity growth in agriculture”
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Samukh Agroenergy Residential Complex
- 10.08.2017Azerbaijan to create labs to control quality of tobacco products
- 10.08.2017Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of tobacco growing
- 04.08.2017President: Domestic market should not depend on import for prevention of currency from leaving country
- 04.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views tobacco reception center in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President familiarizes with condition created in private hazelnut farm in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views tobacco processing plant in Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Georgia sold 11% of its peach exports to Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves state program on development of agricultural cooperation
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of cotton-growing
- 03.07.2017Azerbaijan Ministry of Emergency Situations announces procurement of high-quality grain for State Grain Fund
- 08.06.2017Agrarian trade turnover between Azerbaijan and EU amounts to $241M in 2016
- 05.06.2017AZN 10.5M allocated to Melioration and Water Economy OJSC
- 19.05.2017SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 2% year-on-year
- 19.05.2017AZN 4.5M allocated for development of sericulture
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan’s non-oil export increased 22% during past four months - president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president names products causing currency flow to Azerbaijan in 2016
- 17.04.2017President: Azerbaijan may create big fishing industry
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan to fully meet itself with main consumption goods in next 3-4 years – president
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector currently makes up 65% of economy – president
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Varvara fish hatchery
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani president issues order on development of agriculture
- 04.04.2017Azerbaijani President signs a decree on stimulation of sugar beet production
- 20.12.2017Assistant to President: Lack of knowledge cannot be compensated by increase of allocations from budget
- 20.12.2017Assistant to President: Agriculture less-developed than other fields
- 21.12.2017Group of individuals awarded for their distinguished service at agricultural development
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijani president approves State Program on development of sericulture
- 09.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: This year saw a record year in purchase of agricultural machinery
- 06.10.2017Azerbaijani president issues order on continuation of state support to development of sericulture