Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
On December 21, "Banking Awards-2017" ceremony was held by the organizational support of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA), APA-Economics reports.
Representatives of the top management of commercial banks, representatives of international financial institutions in Baku, leaders of expert groups under the ABA, media partners and others attended the event.
Speaking at the event, ABA President Zakir Nuriyev noted that the experts of the organization in 2017 participated in the development and application of a number of bills and regulations.
Z.Nuriev, having touched upon the issue of establishing a bank ombudsman, noted that this step corresponds to the world banking practice: "ABA also organized an international IT conference on cybersecurity in the financial and banking sector, the 2nd banking forum on "Adapting the banking sector to the current stage of development: reforms, results, prospects."
During the forum, local and foreign experts held interesting presentations, expressed interesting and useful opinions.
The relations with local structures, in particular the Central Bank, the Chamber of Control over Financial Markets, the Ministry of Taxes, the Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communications, and with international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, SECO and other organizations were expanded.
The expert groups under the ABA demonstrated active activity, over 60 meetings and roundtables were held during the year, about 30 letters of appeal, recommendatory documents were sent to the authorized structures, dozens of interviews were given to TV channels and other media, and expert opinions were made public.
ABA, having evaluated various realized projects (corporate projects of social responsibility, support of education and financial literacy), identified the most active banks.
So, in the nomination "Corporate social responsibility" were awarded to the JSC "AccessBank", OJSC "Amrahbank", OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "Bank of Baku", OJSC "Expressbank", OJSC "Xalq Bank", OJSC "Kapital Bank" , OJSC "PAŞA Bank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support of financial literacy", the best were OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "NBCBank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support to education", the awards were awarded to Amrahbank OJSC, Bank of Baku OJSC, Bank VTB (Azərbaycan) OJSC and OJSC Kapital Bank
The awards were also presented to representatives of government agencies closely cooperating with the ABA in 2017.
In addition, the International Financial Corporation, the Swiss Cooperation Organization (SECO), Ernst & Young, Altair LLC, Antaris LLC and other international and local organizations were awarded in the "Gold Partner" category.
In the nomination "Copper Partner" media representatives who closely collaborated with the ABA in the past year were also awarded. Among the awardees was also the APA news agency.
Also in various nominations, ABA expert groups were awarded.
- 20.04.2018State Service for Antimonopoly Policy and Consumer Protection removed subordination of Azerbaijan’s Economy Ministry
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee on Standardization, Metrology and Patents liquidated
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for short-term liablities
- 20.04.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends Q1 on profit
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for long-term liabilities
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for short-term assets
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for long-term assets
- 20.04.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for expenditures
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for revenues
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for profit
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for authorized capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for total capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for liabilities
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for assets
- 20.04.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 19.04.2018Minister: Hosting Expo 2025 would cost 765mln euros
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees rise in total capital
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 193M
- 19.04.2018Nakhchivan Bank increases liabilities
- 19.04.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $270M this year
- 18.04.2018Iran refuses USD in international settlements
- 18.04.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.04.201849% of SOFAZ investment portfolio is in USD
- 18.04.2018Gunay Bank increases assets by 53%
- 18.04.2018Bank of Baku gets decline in liabilities
- 18.04.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 4.4B in Q1
- 18.04.2018IMF: Current account balance to make up 5.6% of GDP in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2018Foreign companies and organizations direct more than $1.3B to fixed capital
- 18.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan invested $1.2B in Switzerland
- 17.04.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan sees 2.3% growth in economy in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan to reduce tax burden on small and medium business
- 17.04.2018CEO: Central Bank of Azerbaijan sold sufficient cash to banks
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
- 21.12.2017AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services