Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
On December 21, "Banking Awards-2017" ceremony was held by the organizational support of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA), APA-Economics reports.
Representatives of the top management of commercial banks, representatives of international financial institutions in Baku, leaders of expert groups under the ABA, media partners and others attended the event.
Speaking at the event, ABA President Zakir Nuriyev noted that the experts of the organization in 2017 participated in the development and application of a number of bills and regulations.
Z.Nuriev, having touched upon the issue of establishing a bank ombudsman, noted that this step corresponds to the world banking practice: "ABA also organized an international IT conference on cybersecurity in the financial and banking sector, the 2nd banking forum on "Adapting the banking sector to the current stage of development: reforms, results, prospects."
During the forum, local and foreign experts held interesting presentations, expressed interesting and useful opinions.
The relations with local structures, in particular the Central Bank, the Chamber of Control over Financial Markets, the Ministry of Taxes, the Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communications, and with international organizations such as the IMF, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, SECO and other organizations were expanded.
The expert groups under the ABA demonstrated active activity, over 60 meetings and roundtables were held during the year, about 30 letters of appeal, recommendatory documents were sent to the authorized structures, dozens of interviews were given to TV channels and other media, and expert opinions were made public.
ABA, having evaluated various realized projects (corporate projects of social responsibility, support of education and financial literacy), identified the most active banks.
So, in the nomination "Corporate social responsibility" were awarded to the JSC "AccessBank", OJSC "Amrahbank", OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "Bank of Baku", OJSC "Expressbank", OJSC "Xalq Bank", OJSC "Kapital Bank" , OJSC "PAŞA Bank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support of financial literacy", the best were OJSC "Azər Türk Bank", OJSC "NBCBank", OJSC "TuranBank".
In the nomination "The most active support to education", the awards were awarded to Amrahbank OJSC, Bank of Baku OJSC, Bank VTB (Azərbaycan) OJSC and OJSC Kapital Bank
The awards were also presented to representatives of government agencies closely cooperating with the ABA in 2017.
In addition, the International Financial Corporation, the Swiss Cooperation Organization (SECO), Ernst & Young, Altair LLC, Antaris LLC and other international and local organizations were awarded in the "Gold Partner" category.
In the nomination "Copper Partner" media representatives who closely collaborated with the ABA in the past year were also awarded. Among the awardees was also the APA news agency.
Also in various nominations, ABA expert groups were awarded.
- 19.07.2018Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 19.07.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan gets 77% rise in assets
- 19.07.2018Akkord ends 2017 on loss
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover doubles
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan triples car import
- 12.07.2018London-Mumbai flight makes emergency landing in Baku
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
- 21.12.2017AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services