AzerTelecom supports the development of national Internet resources
“Milli Net 2017” – the National Internet Award competition sponsored by “AzerTelecom” LLC, a backbone internet provider connecting Azerbaijan to the international Internet network has been completed.
According to the information given from the company’s Public Relations department, this year “AzerTelecom” LLC has been a main sponsor to the 9th “Milli Net 2017” event organized by Azerbaijan Internet Forum. It was said that “Milli Net” is the traditional project towards discovering, promoting and assessing the best national internet resources in the country, enhancing the use of Azerbaijan language over the Internet and “AzerTelecom” LLC being a leading ICT company is interested in the development as well as successful implementation of such projects.
“Milli Net 2017” started in October and the competition continued until December 15. In general, 392 resources were submitted for 18 nominations to the professional Internet award competition. As per competition rules, 291 resources were accepted and went to polls. Among them the best 96 Internet resources were nominated (53 web sites, 26 mobile applications and 17 social media resources). According to the second poll results, the winners were selected per existing 18 nominations and at yesterday’s event granted with special “Milli Net” award for each nominations – Bronze Buta with reflection of net, and the winners of 2nd and 3rd places were awarded with Diploma. Various valuable gifts were also presented to the winners.
Speaking at the Awarding Ceremony “AzerTelecom” LLC’s Chief Commercial Officer Laman Abasbeyli noted that “AzerTelecom” believes that such significant platforms like “Milli Net” that supports the enlightenment, development of society and ICT sphere contributes to the overall development. “AzerTelecom” has been operating in the telecommunication field since 2008 and will celebrate its 10-year anniversary next year. Within these 10 years, the company became an integral part of ICT sphere in Azerbaijan, and carried out significant activities towards provision of high quality and high speed Internet in the country.
““AzerTelecom” LLC always supports the projects promoting continuous ICT development, use of information technologies, national resources, development of educational consciousness of society and will continue its activities following these principles”- Laman Abasbeyli said.
The representatives from country’s internet society, a number of government bodies, leading ICT companies, education institutions and media participated at the event. Other speakers having a speech at the event stressed the importance of “Milli Net” and talked about the ICT development in the country.
About “Milli Net”:
The National Internet Award is a professional internet award established by Azerbaijan Internet Forum (AIF). This award is annually granted by means of competition to the national social, scientific, economic, legal etc. internet resources and internet projects compiled and active in Azerbaijan language.
About “AzerTelecom" LLC:
“AzerTelecom” LLC is a dynamically developing telecommunication operator in Azerbaijan. The company was established in 2008; the services provided by the telecommunication operator include the followings: wholesale Internet, leased line, mobile backhaul, international transit, SIP telephony, FTTB (Fiber-to-the-building), Data Center services, VSAT services, Corporate network, Backbone services, Leased line over GSM, VPN (Virtual Private Network), VoIP (Voice over IP), DDOS protection etc.
For detailed information about the company, please visit our official web site www.azertelecom.az, or pages in Facebook (www.facebook.com/azertelecom.az) and LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/azertelecom.az) social networks.
- 20.04.2018State Service for Antimonopoly Policy and Consumer Protection removed subordination of Azerbaijan’s Economy Ministry
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee on Standardization, Metrology and Patents liquidated
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for short-term liablities
- 20.04.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends Q1 on profit
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for long-term liabilities
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for short-term assets
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for long-term assets
- 20.04.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for expenditures
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for revenues
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for profit
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for authorized capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for total capital
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for liabilities
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for assets
- 20.04.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 19.04.2018Minister: Hosting Expo 2025 would cost 765mln euros
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank sees rise in total capital
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking ratio of payments to premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 193M
- 19.04.2018Nakhchivan Bank increases liabilities
- 19.04.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $270M this year
- 18.04.2018Iran refuses USD in international settlements
- 18.04.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 18.04.201849% of SOFAZ investment portfolio is in USD
- 18.04.2018Gunay Bank increases assets by 53%
- 18.04.2018Bank of Baku gets decline in liabilities
- 18.04.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 4.4B in Q1
- 18.04.2018IMF: Current account balance to make up 5.6% of GDP in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.04.2018Foreign companies and organizations direct more than $1.3B to fixed capital
- 18.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan invested $1.2B in Switzerland
- 17.04.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan sees 2.3% growth in economy in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan to reduce tax burden on small and medium business
- 17.04.2018CEO: Central Bank of Azerbaijan sold sufficient cash to banks
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has been the world’s fastest economically developing country during past 14 years
- 21.12.2017FIMSA: Azerbaijan-based banks to provide investment services
- 21.12.2017Amendments to be made to article ‘Personal inspection’ of Customs Code