Central Bank of Azerbaijan makes decision to keep other parameters of discount rate and interest corridor unchanged
Management Board of Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) passed a decision on November 15, 2017 to keep other parameters of interest corridor (the discount rate at 15%, lower limit of corridor at 10%, upper limit – 18%) unchanged.
The CBA told APA-Economics that positive dynamics is observed in growth of non-oil economy and macroeconomic stabilization plays a special role in formation of this dynamics: “Stabilization of foreign balance allows currency market to be constant. Monetary condition is formed under the pressure of economy’s need for money, including fiscal sector’s need for liquidity and liquidity in banking system. Basically, non-monetary factors, as well as global rise in some food prices affected inflation. Analysis of mid- and long term factors on price stability shows that correction in the monetary policy is important”.
The CBA said that following macroeconomic trends have been taken into consideration while passing the decision on parameters of the interest corridor: “According to the State Statistical Committee, the non-oil sector grew 2.5% in nine months of 2017. The most contribution to the economic growth was made by trade sector. The economic growth made up 3% in trade section of non-oil sector, 3.1% in non-oil industry, 2.8% in agriculture, 2.4% in non-commercial sector, 2.1% in trade, 3.2% in tourism, 6.2% in communication and information”.
The bank thinks that diversification of export, replacement process of the import, rise in oil price provide improvement of foreign sector indicators of Azerbaijan: “Surplus of foreign trade balance made up $2 billion in the nine months of 2017, up $0.5 billion from previous year. Strategic currency reserves in the ten months of 2017 increased $4.4 billion to $42 billion”
As for monetary condition, the Central Bank said in the condition of the fact that the supply exceeded the demand, fiscal sector’s need for liquidity in national currency affected the monetary condition. Therefore, manat monetary based increased 8.5% in the ten months of 2017.
Another significant factor affecting the monetary condition is continuation of accumulation of liquidity in the banking sector.
Underlining 13.7%-inflation in the ten months of 2017, the bank said that the dynamics of prices has been changed by the factors such as inflation import, changes in prices of goods and services set by the state, inflationary expectations, volume of supply on separate products.
Parameters of the interest corridor will be discussed at the next meeting to be held on February 15, 2018.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 20.07.2018Bank of Baku ends Q2 on profit
- 20.07.2018Bank Eurasia gets decline in deposit portfolio
- 19.07.2018Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 19.07.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan gets 77% rise in assets
- 19.07.2018Akkord ends 2017 on loss
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 15.11.2017New CEO of Caspian European Club announced
- 15.11.2017CBA: Global rise of some food products prevent reduction in inflation rate
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 0.7% decline in economy
- 14.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is inaccessible for many countries
- 14.11.2017President: No other country developed as rapidly as did Azerbaijan in terms of economic reforms in past 14 years
- 14.11.2017Russian government acquires about 100% of Bank VTB Azerbaijan’s shares