Azerbaijan ranks 70th among best countries for business in 2018
Azerbaijan ranks 70th among the best countries in the world for business in 2018 determined by Forbes magazine.
APA-Economics reports that Azerbaijan had ranked 64th in the rating for 2017.
Forbes determined the best countries for business by rating 153 nations on 15 different factors: property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, infrastructure, market size, political risk, quality of life, workforce, freedom (personal, trade and monetary), red tape and investor protection. It was determined on the basis of information from organizations such as Freedom House, Heritage Foundation, Property Rights Alliance, United Nations, Transparency International, World Bank Group and World Economic Forum.
Georgia ranked 52nd, Turkey 56th, Russia 58th and Armenia 88th.
The United Kingdom gets the top rank this year. This country is followed by New Zealand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Denmark, Ireland, Singapore, and Switzerland.
Outsider is Chad.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Unibank ends 2017 on profit
- 19.01.2018Aydin Aliyev comments on reports regarding merger of SCC with other state bodies
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 24% rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 19.01.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 19.01.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan’s liabilities increase by 69%
- 18.01.2018New department created in Ministry of Taxes
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan to develop draft law on Investment activity
- 18.01.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 18.01.2018Azer-Turk Bank ends 2017 on profit
- 17.01.2018Personal incomes rise more than 8% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Average exchange rate of manat for December announced
- 17.01.2018Average monthly salary increases 6.2% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Central Bank comments on refusal of floating exchange rate regime
- 17.01.2018Turanbank ends 2017 on loss
- 17.01.2018Demirbank’s foreign stakeholder comments on its closure
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Corporation established
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 22.12.2017Minister: Georgia restored Azerbaijan market for car export
- 22.12.2017DemirBank's license canceled
- 23.12.2017Demirbank: Insured deposits to be repaid by ADIF in a short-period
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian finance minister
- 22.12.2017Fitch: 'Our sector outlook for Azerbaijan still negative due to continued asset quality pressure'
- 22.12.2017Azerbaijan Banks Association awarded APA