Minister: Non-oil sector grew 2.5%
Azerbaijan takes significant steps to deepen the economic reforms, Ziyad Samadzade, Chairman of Economic Policy, Industry and Entrepreneurship Committee of the parliament said during discussion of the budget package for 2018.
According to him, execution of the draft state budget for 2018 is of great importance because the next year is the 100th anniversary of state independency.
Thereafter, Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov noted that macroeconomic forecasts and global economic processes in 2018-2021 have been taken into consideration during preparation of draft state budget for 2018.
“Compared to previous year, the rate of economic lag declined from 3.9 percentage point to 0.6 percentage point. As a result of purposeful policy, non-oil sector grew 2.5%. Moreover, positive balance of $4.4 billion emerged on trade turnover. At the same time, deficit of consolidated budget reduced by 12 percentage point. Thus, surplus of 1.2% emerged instead of forecasted 11.3%-deficit. This was caused by financial support to development of non-oil sector and economically use of currency reserves, increase of currency flow to the country and other fiscal and monetary measures”, the minister said.
According to him, the state budget revenues will make up AZN 20.127 billion, expenditures AZN 20,905,700,000. So, the budget deficit is forecasted to be AZN 778.7 million.
Centralized revenues will be AZN 19,476,329,000, local revenues AZN 650.671 million, centralized expenditures AZN 20,181,608,000 and local expenditures AZN 724.092 million.
Revenues of consolidated budget for 2018 are forecasted to be AZN 23,223,200,000 (up AZN 246 million or 1.1% from previous year), expenditures AZN 26,674,100,000 (down AZN 3,895,400,000 or 12.7% by contrast to a year earlier). Deficit will make up AZN 3,450,900,000 (down AZN 4,141,400,000 or 54.5% from 2017) or 5% of GDP.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 20.07.2018Bank of Baku ends Q2 on profit
- 20.07.2018Bank Eurasia gets decline in deposit portfolio
- 19.07.2018Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 19.07.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan gets 77% rise in assets
- 19.07.2018Akkord ends 2017 on loss
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 07.11.2017Deputy Minister: Positive balance on BoP to make up $1.4B next year
- 07.11.2017More than 70% of expenditures on public debt for 2018 related to IBA
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan to attract AZN 1.4B from foreign financial organizations next year
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 07.11.2017Customs duty on imported butter decreased by 3 times