Minister: Non-oil sector grew 2.5%
Azerbaijan takes significant steps to deepen the economic reforms, Ziyad Samadzade, Chairman of Economic Policy, Industry and Entrepreneurship Committee of the parliament said during discussion of the budget package for 2018.
According to him, execution of the draft state budget for 2018 is of great importance because the next year is the 100th anniversary of state independency.
Thereafter, Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov noted that macroeconomic forecasts and global economic processes in 2018-2021 have been taken into consideration during preparation of draft state budget for 2018.
“Compared to previous year, the rate of economic lag declined from 3.9 percentage point to 0.6 percentage point. As a result of purposeful policy, non-oil sector grew 2.5%. Moreover, positive balance of $4.4 billion emerged on trade turnover. At the same time, deficit of consolidated budget reduced by 12 percentage point. Thus, surplus of 1.2% emerged instead of forecasted 11.3%-deficit. This was caused by financial support to development of non-oil sector and economically use of currency reserves, increase of currency flow to the country and other fiscal and monetary measures”, the minister said.
According to him, the state budget revenues will make up AZN 20.127 billion, expenditures AZN 20,905,700,000. So, the budget deficit is forecasted to be AZN 778.7 million.
Centralized revenues will be AZN 19,476,329,000, local revenues AZN 650.671 million, centralized expenditures AZN 20,181,608,000 and local expenditures AZN 724.092 million.
Revenues of consolidated budget for 2018 are forecasted to be AZN 23,223,200,000 (up AZN 246 million or 1.1% from previous year), expenditures AZN 26,674,100,000 (down AZN 3,895,400,000 or 12.7% by contrast to a year earlier). Deficit will make up AZN 3,450,900,000 (down AZN 4,141,400,000 or 54.5% from 2017) or 5% of GDP.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Anglo-Asian Mining owes $9M to Azerbaijani banks
- 16.01.2018Moody’s prepares capital scenario analysis for rated banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 16.01.2018"Moody's": Weak players of Azerbaijan’s banking sector will exit - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: Further possible tightening of regulation could require additional recapitalization by banks in Azerbaijan - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Moody’s: IBA restored capital position - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment/premium ratio
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 16.01.2018Insurance premiums amount to AZN 557M last year
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining’s shares double
- 15.01.2018More than $15M transferred from Azerbaijan to Georgia last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank increases liabilities
- 15.01.2018Gala Life insurance company reveals 2017 financial performances
- 15.01.2018USD operations decline 1.8-fold in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in number of ATMs
- 15.01.2018Deposits in foreign currency decline in Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in money supply in eleven months of 2017
- 15.01.2018Troubled loans make up 15.5% of provision of crediting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-based banks see decline in total foreign assets
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in provision of crediting in 2017
- 15.01.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 15.01.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018SCC transfers AZN 2.5B to state budget last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan’s positive balance from foreign trade turnover in 2017 exceeds $5B
- 15.01.2018Monetary base decreases last year
- 15.01.2018CB currency reserves rise by 34 percent last year
- 15.01.2018Kapital Bank sees 60% rise in personal savings
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s 2017 state budget 98% fulfilled
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s Central Bank to raise 250M manats at auction
- 12.01.2018Addresses where DemirBank's protected depositors will receive compensation announced
- 12.01.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.01.2018Fitch assigns Petkim 'B' IDR
- 07.11.2017Deputy Minister: Positive balance on BoP to make up $1.4B next year
- 07.11.2017More than 70% of expenditures on public debt for 2018 related to IBA
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan to attract AZN 1.4B from foreign financial organizations next year
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament discussing budget package
- 07.11.2017CB currency reserves rise 31%
- 07.11.2017Customs duty on imported butter decreased by 3 times