Moscow calls US travel advisory for Azerbaijan ‘nonsense’
Russia’s Foreign Ministry has commented on the inclusion of Azerbaijan by the U.S. Department of State in the list of countries with risk of terrorism.
Addressing a briefing on Friday, Maria Zakharova, spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry, called the travel advisory issued by the U.S. Department of State ‘nonsense’, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
“Only those who have never been to Azerbaijan, who have no idea about Azerbaijan's culture or political realities and who are unable to indicate Azerbaijan on the map, could write this,” said Zakharova, recalling that she has repeatedly visited Azerbaijan.
She noted that Azerbaijan has held many international events successfully both in sports and culture.
“Somehow countries which successfully hold international events irritate our Western partners. I’ve repeatedly been to Azerbaijan. I’m pleased to visit this country. The historical places, restaurants and museums in Baku are absolutely safe,” said Zakharova, adding that it is nonsense to write that tourists are recommended not to visit Azerbaijan.
The U.S. Department of State travel advisory divides countries into four levels in terms of safety. Azerbaijan is categorized as a level 2 country, which requires increased caution.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 16.03.2018Debts from state compulsory state social insurance written off in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for February
- 16.03.2018BSE turnover increases
- 16.03.2018IBA-Georgia appeals to Georgian Central Bank on closure
- 16.03.2018Azer Turk Bank starts “Baharı faizsiz keçir” campaign
- 16.03.2018New table of salaries of several budget-financed organizations’ employees approved
- 16.03.2018MP: Banking system can’t be normalized without solving troubled loans
- 16.03.2018Average exchange rate of manat for February announced
- 16.03.2018Personal incomes rise by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018State budget executed with surplus of AZN 140M in January-February
- 16.03.2018International experts hold seminar on measures to fight against financial crimes in Baku
- 16.03.2018AZN 1.8B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in two months of this year
- 16.03.2018Xalg Insurance gets 2.3% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.3% growth in economy
- 15.03.2018IBA quits Russian and Georgian markets
- 15.03.2018PASHA Bank Georgia becomes sponsor of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi - 2018
- 15.03.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 250M
- 15.03.2018Fitch affirms Azerbaijan's Southern Gas Corridor CJSC's notes at 'BB+'
- 15.03.2018CBA postpones its plan to make investment in China’s financial market
- 15.03.2018No appeal received by Central Bank to ensure liquidity this year
- 15.03.2018UK to further expand cooperation with Azerbaijan, says PM May
- 15.03.2018AtaSigorta sees 8% decline in assets
- 15.03.2018A-Group Insurance gets decline in assets
- 15.03.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 14.03.2018One more public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2018IBA Supervisory Board reorganized
- 14.03.2018Partial recovery of financial intermediation of banks observed in recent months - Executive Director
- 14.03.2018Moody’s to hold annual summit in Azerbaijan in May
- 14.03.2018Adviser to minister: All taxpayers should operate transparently from January 1, 2019
- 13.03.2018FIMSA to conduct diagnostics of risks in banking sector - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan to create control group on systematically important banks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Moody’s downgrades rating of Yapı Kredi Bankası
- 13.03.2018Moody’s downgrades rating of main shareholder of Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.03.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 12.03.2018Gilan Holding receives “Most active employer” award
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijan’s trade surplus increases by over 11%
- 09.03.2018Over 743 mln debt written off for 75,000 taxpayers in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan to apply mortgage guarantee mechanism for population with low personal savings
- 12.01.2018Record volume of mortgage loans issued last year in Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan, Switzerland enjoy good bilateral ties – envoy
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan’s Central Bank to raise 250M manats at auction
- 12.01.2018Addresses where DemirBank's protected depositors will receive compensation announced
- 12.01.2018Official Exchange Rates