President Ilham Aliyev receives Group Chairman of DP World - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DP World Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem extended greetings of Vice President, Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to President Ilham Aliyev.
Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DP World Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem said he was pleased to participate in the Baku-hosted annual conference of the International Association of Ports and Harbors. He hailed the excellent organization of the event, underlining the significant contribution it makes to international cooperation.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem noted that each time they visited Azerbaijan they saw great development processes in the country, and rapid increase in the number of foreign tourists in Baku.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of Baku’s hosting the the annual conference of the International Association of Ports and Harbors, describing this as an indicative of Azerbaijan’s increasing role in international transportation. The head of state hailed Azerbaijan’s recent achievements in the field of transport infrastructure. President Ilham Aliyev pointed to the consistent steps being taken in a number of areas, including in the development of tourism in Azerbaijan. He underlined the steadily increasing number of visitors from different countries, including the United Arab Emirates.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of Vice President, Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and asked Ahmed Bin Sulayem to extend his greetings to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The successful development of bilateral relations and good potential for further expansion of cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the United Arab Emirates was hailed during the conversation.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to revise 2018 state budget
- 21.05.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $360M this year
- 21.05.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums market share
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan-based 21 insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 301M
- 18.05.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 18.05.2018Most popular Bakcell tariff “Ela” becomes unlimited
- 18.05.2018Report of Chamber of Accounts on 2017 submitted to parliament
- 17.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 17.05.2018Ministry of Taxes combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law - INTERVIEW
- 17.05.2018BP announces volume of oil and gas transported via Sangachal terminal
- 17.05.2018Alim Guliyev: Central Bank is comprehensively researching risks on cryptocurrencies
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for acceleration of socio-economic development of Nakhchivan AR
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 1.2% growth in economy
- 16.05.2018Personal incomes rise by 9.2% in Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan-based financial organizations’ loan portfolio in national currency exceeds AZN 11.6B
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 281M in two months
- 16.05.2018Average exchange rate of manat for April announced
- 16.05.2018State budget executed with deficit of AZN 654M
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import by 2.7-fold
- 16.05.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 36%
- 15.05.2018USD rate for tomorrow announced
- 15.05.2018Mortgage and Credit Guarantee Fund issues AZN 20M bond
- 15.05.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan announced
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign trade turnover in Q1 makes up $2.5B
- 15.05.2018Salary of workers in economy increases by 3.5%
- 15.05.2018AZN 4.2B invested in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital in four months of 2018
- 15.05.2018ADB: Azerbaijan gets 17% rise in export last year
- 14.05.2018Pasha Capital heads brokers ranking for April
- 14.05.2018BSE turnover triples
- 14.05.2018AzSigorta ends 1Q18 on profit
- 14.05.2018IMF: High public investment contributed to growth momentum in Azerbaijan
- 12.05.2018Financial problems revealed in Azerbaijan’s embassies in Georgia, Morocco and Kazakhstan
- 11.05.2018IBA-Moscow to stop money transfer service via IBA-Express
- 10.05.2018EBRD forecasts growth in Azerbaijan’s GDP
- 10.05.2018Ambassador of Turkey to attend CEO Lunch Baku as honoured guest
- 10.05.2018SOFAZ announces amount of revenues from ACG, Shahdeniz
- 08.05.2018USD rate for May 10 announced
- 08.05.2018Word Bank: Commodity prices increase in April
- 08.05.2018World Bank says inflation in Azerbaijan will decline in 2019-2020