President Ilham Aliyev receives Group Chairman of DP World - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DP World Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem extended greetings of Vice President, Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to President Ilham Aliyev.
Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DP World Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem said he was pleased to participate in the Baku-hosted annual conference of the International Association of Ports and Harbors. He hailed the excellent organization of the event, underlining the significant contribution it makes to international cooperation.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem noted that each time they visited Azerbaijan they saw great development processes in the country, and rapid increase in the number of foreign tourists in Baku.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of Baku’s hosting the the annual conference of the International Association of Ports and Harbors, describing this as an indicative of Azerbaijan’s increasing role in international transportation. The head of state hailed Azerbaijan’s recent achievements in the field of transport infrastructure. President Ilham Aliyev pointed to the consistent steps being taken in a number of areas, including in the development of tourism in Azerbaijan. He underlined the steadily increasing number of visitors from different countries, including the United Arab Emirates.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of Vice President, Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and asked Ahmed Bin Sulayem to extend his greetings to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The successful development of bilateral relations and good potential for further expansion of cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the United Arab Emirates was hailed during the conversation.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 20.07.2018Bank of Baku ends Q2 on profit
- 20.07.2018Bank Eurasia gets decline in deposit portfolio
- 19.07.2018Yapi Kredi Bank Azerbaijan ends Q2 on profit
- 19.07.2018Ziraat Bank Azerbaijan gets 77% rise in assets
- 19.07.2018Akkord ends 2017 on loss
- 18.07.2018Amrahbank increases deposit portfolio
- 18.07.2018NBP Baku branch gets decline in assets
- 18.07.2018PASHA Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to switch to floating manat rate regime in 2020
- 17.07.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $14M from sale of gold
- 17.07.2018Oreshkin: Russia-Azerbaijan trade turnover increased by 21% in five months
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan to establish Competition Authority
- 17.07.2018Xalg Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 17.07.2018USD rate at today's auction announced
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ transfers AZN 84.5B to state budget since 2003
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan Industry Bank ends Q2 on profit
- 16.07.2018Turan Bank’s gets 13% decline in deposit portfolio
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijan announces manat rate for July 17
- 16.07.2018Central Bank announces result of today’s auction
- 16.07.2018IBA strengthens its capital position
- 13.07.2018Central Bank of Azerbaijan to attract AZN 350M
- 13.07.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.8M
- 13.07.2018Premiums on real estate compulsory insurance increase
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan sees rise in compulsory insurance of automobiles
- 13.07.2018Azer Turk Bank offers free salary cards to corporate clients
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payment growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Investments in Azerbaijan’s fixed capital decline by 14%
- 13.07.2018Kapital Bank’s assets in Q2 make up AZN 3.5B
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums growth rate in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for ratio of payments to premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for market share of premiums in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for payments in H1
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers ranking for premiums
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijan-based insurers’ premiums exceed AZN 396M
- 13.07.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 12.07.2018Georgia’s debt to Azerbaijan declines
- 12.07.2018EBRD increases its share in Unibank
- 12.07.2018Nakhchivanbank ends Q2 on profit
- 12.07.2018State Customs Committee increases budget transfers by 38%
- 10.05.2018EBRD forecasts growth in Azerbaijan’s GDP
- 10.05.2018Ambassador of Turkey to attend CEO Lunch Baku as honoured guest
- 10.05.2018SOFAZ announces amount of revenues from ACG, Shahdeniz
- 08.05.2018USD rate for May 10 announced
- 08.05.2018Word Bank: Commodity prices increase in April
- 08.05.2018World Bank says inflation in Azerbaijan will decline in 2019-2020