Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
According to the agreement between the national air carriers of Azerbaijan and the UAE – AZAL and Etihad Airways – joint flights are launched on the route Abu Dhabi (AUH) - Baku (GYD) - Abu Dhabi (AUH) for the first time, APA-Economics reports quoting AZAL.
The flights will be carried out weekly on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays with Airbus A320.
The first flight EY297 departed in the morning on March 2 from Abu Dhabi with a special delegation on board, which included the management of Etihad Airways, diplomats, media representatives and others. Upon arrival at Heydar Aliyev International Airport, the airplane was welcomed with a traditional "water salute" and the flags of Azerbaijan and the UAE waved from the cockpit.
On the same day, a meeting was held between President of Azerbaijan Airlines CJSC, Jahangir Askerov and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, during which satisfaction was expressed with the level of cooperation between the national air carriers of Azerbaijan and the UAE.
Jahangir Askerov said that thanks to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s constant care and attention Azerbaijan’s civil aviation is developing rapidly. In recent years, the work, aimed at strengthening the material-technical base of the civil aviation and bringing it up-to-date, is of consistent and systemic character.
"AZAL and Etihad Airways are long-standing partners in civil aviation. Azerbaijan and the UAE are linked by regular passenger transportation, and the opening of joint flights between the airlines will allow Azerbaijani citizens to further expand the geography of flights, will attract additional flow of tourists and create more opportunities for business trips," AZAL CJSC President said.
According to Peter Baumgartner, the new flight will further increase passenger traffic from the UAE and strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries. "We are very pleased with the launch of regular flights connecting Abu Dhabi and Baku. The simplified visa application program introduced by Azerbaijan for the UAE nationals in 2015 strongly stimulated interest in the country, which led to a large increase in tourist flow," Etihad Airways CEO said.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 21.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of road and transport infrastructure
- 21.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Gobustan
- 20.02.2018AZN 15M allocated to Azersu OJSC to provide water meters to consumers
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 150mln for Baku-Guba-Russian Federation highway
- 19.02.2018Number of officially unemployed population announced
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran