AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) and Boeing Corporation have today agreed to purchase five B787-8 Dreamliner and two B747-8F (or B777F) aircrafts.
The agreement was signed by Jahangir Askerov, President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines and Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The cost of the agreement is estimated at $1.9 billion. Delivery of aircrafts is scheduled for 2019-2020.
The agreement was signed within the framework of the largest international aerospace exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017.
"The decision to place an order for additional 787 Dreamliner aircrafts will significantly expand the capabilities of our airline - the purchase of new aircrafts will help us expand the geography of flights and handle increasing passenger traffic. We are satisfied with the expansion of cooperation with Boeing Corporation, which is Azerbaijan’s reliable partner in supply, operation and maintenance of modern passenger aircrafts," AZAL President Jahangir Askerov said.
"We highly appreciate the constant trust of the Azerbaijan Airlines to the Dreamliner aircrafts," Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes said. "The highest level of efficiency and comfort provided by the new 787 Dreamliner aircrafts is in line with the airline's fleet modernization plans and will help to open new routes, securing their long-term success for many years to come."
“Azerbaijan Airlines” (AZAL) is one of the leaders of the aviation community of the CIS countries. Total route network of the airline is 40 destinations in 25 countries. “Azerbaijan Airlines” transported more than 2 million people in 2016.
AZAL has one of the newest airplane fleet. The airline has a long history of cooperation with Boeing Corporation and currently operates Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 767 and Boeing 757 aircrafts. Azerbaijani national air carrier’s fleet will also include modern Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts from next year.
"Azerbaijan Airlines" also successfully continues to operate Airbus 340, Airbus 320, Airbus 319 and Embraer 190 aircrafts.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Municipalities in Azerbaijan to collect funds from parking spaces provided on municipal roads
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 08.01.2018Air Arabia to launch route to Gabala
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 700,000 for road construction in Saatli
- 05.01.2018Number of people travelled to Georgia from Azerbaijan increases 11%
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Aghdam
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Mehdiabad-Digah-Mammadli highway - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Sea tours to be organized between Russia and Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.73M for reconstruction of water supply in Surakhani and Sabunchu districts
- 22.12.2017Iran to send off its first train via Gazvin-Rasht railway in late winter
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijan announces non-working days for 2018
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani and Georgian ports sign MoU
- 28.11.2017Uber gets information about application of VAT from their users
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president lays foundation of Sabirabad Industrial District
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation