AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) and Boeing Corporation have today agreed to purchase five B787-8 Dreamliner and two B747-8F (or B777F) aircrafts.
The agreement was signed by Jahangir Askerov, President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines and Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The cost of the agreement is estimated at $1.9 billion. Delivery of aircrafts is scheduled for 2019-2020.
The agreement was signed within the framework of the largest international aerospace exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017.
"The decision to place an order for additional 787 Dreamliner aircrafts will significantly expand the capabilities of our airline - the purchase of new aircrafts will help us expand the geography of flights and handle increasing passenger traffic. We are satisfied with the expansion of cooperation with Boeing Corporation, which is Azerbaijan’s reliable partner in supply, operation and maintenance of modern passenger aircrafts," AZAL President Jahangir Askerov said.
"We highly appreciate the constant trust of the Azerbaijan Airlines to the Dreamliner aircrafts," Kevin McAllister, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boeing Commercial Airplanes said. "The highest level of efficiency and comfort provided by the new 787 Dreamliner aircrafts is in line with the airline's fleet modernization plans and will help to open new routes, securing their long-term success for many years to come."
“Azerbaijan Airlines” (AZAL) is one of the leaders of the aviation community of the CIS countries. Total route network of the airline is 40 destinations in 25 countries. “Azerbaijan Airlines” transported more than 2 million people in 2016.
AZAL has one of the newest airplane fleet. The airline has a long history of cooperation with Boeing Corporation and currently operates Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 767 and Boeing 757 aircrafts. Azerbaijani national air carrier’s fleet will also include modern Boeing-737 MAX aircrafts from next year.
"Azerbaijan Airlines" also successfully continues to operate Airbus 340, Airbus 320, Airbus 319 and Embraer 190 aircrafts.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Memorandum of Cooperation signed between AzerTelecom and STEP Computer Academy
- 16.07.2018State Agency for the Use of Mineral Resources created in Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply in Azerbaijan fully restored
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply is fully restored in Baku
- 11.07.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Inflation makes up 0.7% in Azerbaijan last month
- 06.07.2018Gas price may change in Georgia
- 04.07.2018Baku Metro today will operate in a test mode
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and in some regions has been eliminated - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and Northern region has been eliminated
- 03.07.2018Entrances to all Baku metro stations closed due to power outage - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018New problems occur in power supply in Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 22M for completion of construction of water supply and sewerage system in Aghdash
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7.1M for road construction in Baku
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan’s products to be involved in international expertise
- 28.06.2018Nar holds meeting with corporate customers
- 28.06.2018SDL Nobel modernizes its fabrication facility to deliver better services
- 28.06.2018“AzerTelecom” LLC provides the service for protection from cyber attacks
- 22.06.2018Purchase a Samsung smartphone from Nar, and part of the phone’s value will return to your balance
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 13.7M for continuation of construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction Ismayilli
- 20.06.2018Bakcell has been recognized for a record-breaking social media response rate
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation