Azerbaijan, Russia sign Main Actions Plan to establish service center for helicopter maintenance
Another round of negotiations was held to establish a service center for maintenance and overhaul of helicopters in Azerbaijan within the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017 in Moscow.
President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov, Director General of Russian Helicopters holding Andrey Boginsky, President of Silk Way Holding ZaurAkhundov and Director General of Silk Way Helicopter Services AzerSultanov took part in the negotiations.
As part of the implementation of the decisions of the 16th meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation, the parties confirmed mutual interest in the implementation of the project to open a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil and military helicopters in the Azerbaijan Republic.
The joint work on this project began in 2016. During the ADEX-2016 exhibition in Baku, Silk Way Helicopter Services and Russian Helicopters signed an agreement to open a service center for the repair of Russian Mi-8/17 type civil helicopters in the territory of Azerbaijan.
As a continuation of the work begun, at the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov and Director General of the Russian Helicopters Holding Andrey Boginsky signed the “Main Actions Plan for 2017 on the project of establishing a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil helicopters in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
Silk Way Helicopter Services is one of the most modern aviation enterprises in Azerbaijan. Every year helicopters of the company transport more than 50,000 passengers. At the moment a fleet of aircrafts, which is based at Zabrat Airport includes Sikorsky S-92A, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, Airbus Helicopters AS-332L1, Airbus Helicopters EC-155B1, Ми-8МТВ-1, Ми-8АМТ helicopters, as well as Cessna 172S airplanes.
Russian Helicopters - is the only Russian helicopter manufacturer and one of the few companies worldwide with the capability to design, manufacture, service and test modern civilian and military helicopters. Russian Helicopters holding is part of State Corporation Rostec.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views new metro trains delivered to Baku
- 19.04.2018AZAL announces three new destinations within summer flight schedule
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan turns into one of Eurasia’s transport hubs
- 17.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 16.04.2018Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases cement import by 2.8-fold
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases sugar import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases butter import by 5%
- 13.04.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves about 900,000 passengers in Q1
- 12.04.2018Caspian European Club solemnly celebrates President Ilham Aliyev’s victory at elections
- 12.04.2018Gilan Holding successfully participates in the AITF 2018 exhibition
- 09.04.2018AZN 12.5mln allocated to improve drinkable water supply to 30 residential areas
- 09.04.2018AZN 5.17mln allocated for construction modular schools in Azerbaijan’s south
- 09.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue to be presented
- 09.04.2018Traffic restriction for 2018 Formula-1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix announced
- 07.04.2018AZN 2.6mln allocated for construction of modular schools in Aghdash and Barda
- 07.04.2018AZN 7.6mln allocated for hospital constriction in Shamkir
- 06.04.2018Caspian European Club’s Medical Committee holds session
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for improvement of water supply in Lerik
- 05.04.2018President Aliyev approves funding for road construction
- 04.04.2018Indian minister: ‘We’re interested to create transport corridors
- 04.04.2018AZN 5M allocated for construction of ASAN Service center in Agjabadi
- 03.04.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Bilasuvar
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.8M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Shirvan
- 03.04.2018More than 130,000 Azerbaijanis visit Georgia last month
- 03.04.2018AZAL to launch direct flight from Moscow to Lankaran
- 02.04.2018AZN 4.3mln allocated for construction of 14 modular schools in 4 districts
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for water supply in Tovuz
- 29.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.6M for water supply in Agstafa
- 29.03.2018President: We’ll derive economic benefit by connecting continents, and we create new cooperation format in region
- 27.03.2018AZN 4.1M allocated for development of educational infrastructure in five districts
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan to build new hospitals in six cities
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to launch “Jabrayil” and “Gubadli” ships
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani President signs order setting up working group to accelerate establishment of free economic zones
- 03.06.2017Ministry comments on problems with several telecommunication services
- 23.05.2017Kuwait to launch direct flights to Baku
- 20.05.2017Baku Transport Agency to allocate 430 buses for day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 19.05.2017Georgia increases car export to Azerbaijan by 62%