Azerbaijan, Russia sign Main Actions Plan to establish service center for helicopter maintenance
Another round of negotiations was held to establish a service center for maintenance and overhaul of helicopters in Azerbaijan within the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017 in Moscow.
President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov, Director General of Russian Helicopters holding Andrey Boginsky, President of Silk Way Holding ZaurAkhundov and Director General of Silk Way Helicopter Services AzerSultanov took part in the negotiations.
As part of the implementation of the decisions of the 16th meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation, the parties confirmed mutual interest in the implementation of the project to open a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil and military helicopters in the Azerbaijan Republic.
The joint work on this project began in 2016. During the ADEX-2016 exhibition in Baku, Silk Way Helicopter Services and Russian Helicopters signed an agreement to open a service center for the repair of Russian Mi-8/17 type civil helicopters in the territory of Azerbaijan.
As a continuation of the work begun, at the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov and Director General of the Russian Helicopters Holding Andrey Boginsky signed the “Main Actions Plan for 2017 on the project of establishing a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil helicopters in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
Silk Way Helicopter Services is one of the most modern aviation enterprises in Azerbaijan. Every year helicopters of the company transport more than 50,000 passengers. At the moment a fleet of aircrafts, which is based at Zabrat Airport includes Sikorsky S-92A, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, Airbus Helicopters AS-332L1, Airbus Helicopters EC-155B1, Ми-8МТВ-1, Ми-8АМТ helicopters, as well as Cessna 172S airplanes.
Russian Helicopters - is the only Russian helicopter manufacturer and one of the few companies worldwide with the capability to design, manufacture, service and test modern civilian and military helicopters. Russian Helicopters holding is part of State Corporation Rostec.
Related news releases
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 21.08.2017Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Zazalı-“Imamzade” complex-Ganja highway
- 17.08.2017Over five million manats allocated for road construction in Azerbaijan’s Aghsu
- 16.08.2017AZN 4 mln manat allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Binagadi, Mehdiabad, Novkhani
- 15.08.20173mln manats allocated for reconstruction of water supple and sewage systems in ‘White City’
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 23.3M for restoration of Gakh-Zagatala highway
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 24.6M for repair of Zagatala-Balaken-Mazimchay highway
- 08.08.2017President: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will increase transit opportunities of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017AZAL calls to buy air tickets only from Airline's trusted partners
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of motor road in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gakh district
- 03.08.2017Balaken-Saribulag-Gabagchol-Khalatala motor road launched
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of Balaken Hydroelectric Power Station
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates money for construction of 29 buildings in Pirallahi
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.7M for road construction in Ujar
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani ambassador familiarizes with works on BTK in Georgia
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.8M for road construction in Barda
- 25.07.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Hajigabul
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Zire-Turkan motor road
- 21.07.2017Buta Airways starts sale of air tickets to Istanbul and St. Petersburg
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev lays foundation of fish hatcheries in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates drinking water supply project in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Narakand complex in Pirallahi district
- 20.07.2017Georgian official: I’m confident more countries will join BTK
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan-Iran MoU on development of railways approved
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey to strengthen customs cooperation
- 19.07.2017Baku Telephone Communications Production Association becomes LLC
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 400M
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan ranks worldwide in terms of creating parks
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6M for road construction in Imishli
- 13.07.2017Karam Hasanov: "Inaccuracies concerning boundaries of some administrative-territorial districts led to problems"
- 11.07.2017Law to end displeasure of mobile communication subscribers about advertising messages enters into force
- 11.07.2017Ticket for Buta Airways put on sale
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 35%
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14.4M for road construction in Sabirabad
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to launch “Jabrayil” and “Gubadli” ships
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani President signs order setting up working group to accelerate establishment of free economic zones
- 03.06.2017Ministry comments on problems with several telecommunication services
- 23.05.2017Kuwait to launch direct flights to Baku
- 20.05.2017Baku Transport Agency to allocate 430 buses for day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 19.05.2017Georgia increases car export to Azerbaijan by 62%