Azerbaijan, Russia sign Main Actions Plan to establish service center for helicopter maintenance
Another round of negotiations was held to establish a service center for maintenance and overhaul of helicopters in Azerbaijan within the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017 in Moscow.
President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov, Director General of Russian Helicopters holding Andrey Boginsky, President of Silk Way Holding ZaurAkhundov and Director General of Silk Way Helicopter Services AzerSultanov took part in the negotiations.
As part of the implementation of the decisions of the 16th meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation, the parties confirmed mutual interest in the implementation of the project to open a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil and military helicopters in the Azerbaijan Republic.
The joint work on this project began in 2016. During the ADEX-2016 exhibition in Baku, Silk Way Helicopter Services and Russian Helicopters signed an agreement to open a service center for the repair of Russian Mi-8/17 type civil helicopters in the territory of Azerbaijan.
As a continuation of the work begun, at the 10th International Exhibition HeliRussia-2017President of CJSC Azerbaijan Airlines Jahangir Askerov and Director General of the Russian Helicopters Holding Andrey Boginsky signed the “Main Actions Plan for 2017 on the project of establishing a service center for maintenance and repair of Russian and Soviet-produced civil helicopters in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
Silk Way Helicopter Services is one of the most modern aviation enterprises in Azerbaijan. Every year helicopters of the company transport more than 50,000 passengers. At the moment a fleet of aircrafts, which is based at Zabrat Airport includes Sikorsky S-92A, Leonardo Helicopters AW139, Airbus Helicopters AS-332L1, Airbus Helicopters EC-155B1, Ми-8МТВ-1, Ми-8АМТ helicopters, as well as Cessna 172S airplanes.
Russian Helicopters - is the only Russian helicopter manufacturer and one of the few companies worldwide with the capability to design, manufacture, service and test modern civilian and military helicopters. Russian Helicopters holding is part of State Corporation Rostec.
Related news releases
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to launch “Jabrayil” and “Gubadli” ships
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani President signs order setting up working group to accelerate establishment of free economic zones
- 03.06.2017Ministry comments on problems with several telecommunication services
- 23.05.2017Kuwait to launch direct flights to Baku
- 20.05.2017Baku Transport Agency to allocate 430 buses for day of closing of Islamic Solidarity Games
- 19.05.2017Georgia increases car export to Azerbaijan by 62%