Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth
Bakcell, the First Mobile Operator and Leading Mobile Internet Provider of Azerbaijan is the official supporter of weekly “Global Goals” programme, produced by the “ASAN Radio” and the United Nations Office in Azerbaijan.
The next radio programme of the “Global Goals” series will bededicated to the 8th Sustainable Development Goal, being the decent work and economic growth. The “Decent work” goal promotes opportunities for every person to find gainful employment which will ensure safe working conditions and social protection of his/her family. In addition, the goal covers the best perspectives for personal development and social integration of people.
This week’s guests are: Head of Marketing, Public and International relations department at ABAD Public Legal Entity Ms. Turana Gasimova; Manager of the UNDP’s “Sustainable Land and Forest Management at Greater Caucasus Landscape” Project Mr. Eltekin Omarov; rug-maker and craftswomanMs. SurayyaRzayeva (currently member of ABAD).
The radio show will be aired on the “ASAN Radio” at 18:20, 16 April 2018. The show’s reruns will be aired on 18th and 20th of April at 11:05 and 14:05 respectively.
The main purpose of the“Global Goals” series is to increase the awareness about the Sustainable Development Goals, provide information about the implemented projects to achieve the 2030 Agenda, as well as on duties and responsibilities of the various institutions and citizens with regard to ensuring the sustainability.
World leaders adopted the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in September 2015 mobilizing efforts to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change, while ensuring that no one is left behind.
“ASAN Radio” (100 FM) will broadcast five programmes with support of Bakcell during the month of April.
Being one of the largest employers and investors of the non-oil sectorof Azerbaijan, Bakcell contributes largely to the country’s economic growth by investing in its employees and providing them with safe working conditions, and ensuring social protection of their family members.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018SES expert: More work should be done for the development of eco-system in Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 17.07.2018Memorandum of Cooperation signed between AzerTelecom and STEP Computer Academy
- 16.07.2018State Agency for the Use of Mineral Resources created in Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply in Azerbaijan fully restored
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply is fully restored in Baku
- 11.07.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Inflation makes up 0.7% in Azerbaijan last month
- 06.07.2018Gas price may change in Georgia
- 04.07.2018Baku Metro today will operate in a test mode
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and in some regions has been eliminated - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and Northern region has been eliminated
- 03.07.2018Entrances to all Baku metro stations closed due to power outage - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018New problems occur in power supply in Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 22M for completion of construction of water supply and sewerage system in Aghdash
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7.1M for road construction in Baku
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan’s products to be involved in international expertise
- 28.06.2018Nar holds meeting with corporate customers
- 28.06.2018SDL Nobel modernizes its fabrication facility to deliver better services
- 28.06.2018“AzerTelecom” LLC provides the service for protection from cyber attacks
- 22.06.2018Purchase a Samsung smartphone from Nar, and part of the phone’s value will return to your balance
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 13.7M for continuation of construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction Ismayilli
- 20.06.2018Bakcell has been recognized for a record-breaking social media response rate
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases cement import by 2.8-fold
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases sugar import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases butter import by 5%