Baku Metro today will operate in a test mode
As a result of the accident at the Mingachevir Thermal Power Station on July 3, 2018, in some places there were restrictions in the supply of electricity. As a result, on July 3 in the evening at about 17.00 at the stations of Baku Metro the movement of trains stopped, says the joint information of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies, Baku Transport Agency (BTA) and CJSC "Baku Metro", APA-Economics reports.
The report notes that BTA has begun to implement the necessary measures to eliminate the increased density of passenger traffic, provide comfortable and safe passenger transportation.
According to the instruction of BTA, regular route lines in the territory of the capital were transferred to a special operating mode, free transportation of passengers was established.
On the exits of all metro stations, as well as areas of mass population accumulation, additional vehicles were attracted to provide transportation along the appropriate route lines.
BTA mobile teams were also involved in the timely and unhindered implementation of these measures. Due to urgent and urgent measures, a massive crowd of passengers around metro stations was eliminated in the shortest time. Also, to provide passenger transportation from the circle on January 20 in the direction of Sumgayit, an additional direct route line was involved. For this purpose, the State Autotransport Service allocated 20 large-size buses. Also, in case of necessity, BakuBus LLC buses were put in the ready state.
It was noted that CJSC "Baku Metro" will operate in the test mode due to the lack of continuity in the supply of electricity necessary to ensure the movement of trains.
Taking into account all the above, on July 4 all regular scheduled routes on the territory of the capital will continue to function in a special mode, passenger transportation will be provided free of charge.
The Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies, Baku Transport Agency and CJSC "Bakmetropoliten" continue coordinated work.
In the joint information, these structures ask the population to accept the current situation with understanding.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018SES expert: More work should be done for the development of eco-system in Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 17.07.2018Memorandum of Cooperation signed between AzerTelecom and STEP Computer Academy
- 16.07.2018State Agency for the Use of Mineral Resources created in Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply in Azerbaijan fully restored
- 12.07.2018Electricity supply is fully restored in Baku
- 03.07.2018New problems occur in power supply in Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 22M for completion of construction of water supply and sewerage system in Aghdash
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7.1M for road construction in Baku
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan’s products to be involved in international expertise
- 28.06.2018Nar holds meeting with corporate customers
- 28.06.2018SDL Nobel modernizes its fabrication facility to deliver better services
- 28.06.2018“AzerTelecom” LLC provides the service for protection from cyber attacks
- 22.06.2018Purchase a Samsung smartphone from Nar, and part of the phone’s value will return to your balance
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 13.7M for continuation of construction of Demirchi-Lahij highway
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction Ismayilli
- 20.06.2018Bakcell has been recognized for a record-breaking social media response rate
- 11.06.2018Director apointed to State Maritime Agency
- 11.06.2018Nar updates corporate tariff plans and makes them more beneficial
- 11.06.2018Georgia’s revenues from tourism exceed $1B
- 09.06.2018Baku-Ganja express train to be put into operation this year
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.5M for reconstruction of bridge over Goychay River
- 07.06.2018President Aliyev views renovation work at Sahil metro station - UPDATED
- 07.06.2018Buta Airways starts direct flights from Baku to Alanya
- 06.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.5M for construction Mashtaga-Nardaran highway
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates one more motor road in Goranboy
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Goranboy
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction Yevlakh
- 01.06.2018Azercell triggers initiatives on protection of children’s rights
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.8M for road construction Aghsu
- 29.05.2018Bakcell makes WhatsApp free in roaming
- 29.05.2018Qatar Airways A330 makes emergency landing in Baku
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.9M for construction of motor roads in Binagadi
- 25.05.2018Janez Kopač: Azerbaijan planning reforms in energy sector
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Lokbatan-Gobu highway
- 23.05.2018AZN 40M allocated for reconstruction of educational institutions in Baku and surrounding settlements
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 06.07.2018Gas price may change in Georgia
- 10.07.2018Inflation makes up 0.7% in Azerbaijan last month
- 11.07.2018Retail trade turnover increases 2.5% in Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and in some regions has been eliminated - UPDATED
- 03.07.2018The problem of energy supply in most regions of Baku and Northern region has been eliminated
- 03.07.2018Entrances to all Baku metro stations closed due to power outage - UPDATED