BTK to change existing economic realities – Georgian PM
The Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) railway project is worthy of immense attention, said Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili.
The BTK project will change existing economic realities, said Kvirikashvili addressing the BTK railroad official opening ceremony in Baku on Monday, APA reported.
“Today a new Eurasian bridge is being put into operation. Once the new railway route is fully in use, the region’s transport and trade status will gain strength. The BTK railway will serve a million passengers. The project will have impetus to tourism and new jobs will be created,” he added.
Kvirikashvili noted that Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey attach great importance to implementing new transport projects to promote international transportations.
“New ports are built, roads are modernized. The success of the BTK railway is associated with growing economic ties with China,” he said.
Kvirikashvil also hailed President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev’s important role in the implementation of the BTK project.
He added that the Silk Road Summit to be held in Tbilisi on November 28-29 will once again highlight the importance of BTK.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.4-fold last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 0.1% growth in economy
- 15.01.2018Iran agrees to get loan from Azerbaijan for construction of Rasht-Astara railway
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles car import
- 12.01.2018Two State Agencies established in Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018President: "The railway will be laid to Gusar and Gabala regions"
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK railway has turned Azerbaijan into int’l transport center
- 10.01.20182018 to be important for implementation of TANAP – Azerbaijani president
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates RO-RO terminal in Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 08.01.2018Air Arabia to launch route to Gabala
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 700,000 for road construction in Saatli
- 05.01.2018Number of people travelled to Georgia from Azerbaijan increases 11%
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2M for road construction in Aghdam
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Mehdiabad-Digah-Mammadli highway - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017Sea tours to be organized between Russia and Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.73M for reconstruction of water supply in Surakhani and Sabunchu districts
- 22.12.2017Iran to send off its first train via Gazvin-Rasht railway in late winter
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijan announces non-working days for 2018
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Guba
- 07.12.2017Uzbekistan might start freightage via BTK in 1Q18
- 05.12.2017President: Azerbaijan preparing for launch of next telecommunication satellite
- 04.12.2017Agreement signed with Reyhan Jamalova at Patent and Trademark Centre
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for reconstruction works in Sabirabad
- 29.11.2017Iran proposes extending BTK to Tabriz - EXCLUSIVE
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates motorway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani and Georgian ports sign MoU
- 28.11.2017Uber gets information about application of VAT from their users
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president lays foundation of Sabirabad Industrial District
- 28.11.2017Tartar-Seydimli-Garadaghli-Sarov motorway opened
- 28.11.2017BTK to be able to carry up to 15 million tonnes of load next year - Georgian Economic Minister
- 27.11.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Sabirabad
- 24.11.2017Gilan Holding to participate in RecExpo
- 18.01.2018Catering turnover rises more than 3% in Azerbaijan in 2017
- 17.01.2018Motor car manufacture in declines 89% in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 856M this year