BTK to change existing economic realities – Georgian PM
The Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) railway project is worthy of immense attention, said Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili.
The BTK project will change existing economic realities, said Kvirikashvili addressing the BTK railroad official opening ceremony in Baku on Monday, APA reported.
“Today a new Eurasian bridge is being put into operation. Once the new railway route is fully in use, the region’s transport and trade status will gain strength. The BTK railway will serve a million passengers. The project will have impetus to tourism and new jobs will be created,” he added.
Kvirikashvili noted that Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey attach great importance to implementing new transport projects to promote international transportations.
“New ports are built, roads are modernized. The success of the BTK railway is associated with growing economic ties with China,” he said.
Kvirikashvil also hailed President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev’s important role in the implementation of the BTK project.
He added that the Silk Road Summit to be held in Tbilisi on November 28-29 will once again highlight the importance of BTK.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Azercell’s Mobile Eye Clinic continues its activities
- 24.04.2018Saudi Arabian low-cost airline launches flights to Baku
- 24.04.2018Caspian European Club’s FMCG Committee holds session
- 20.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views new metro trains delivered to Baku
- 19.04.2018AZAL announces three new destinations within summer flight schedule
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan turns into one of Eurasia’s transport hubs
- 17.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 16.04.2018Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases cement import by 2.8-fold
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases sugar import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases butter import by 5%
- 13.04.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves about 900,000 passengers in Q1
- 12.04.2018Caspian European Club solemnly celebrates President Ilham Aliyev’s victory at elections
- 12.04.2018Gilan Holding successfully participates in the AITF 2018 exhibition
- 09.04.2018AZN 12.5mln allocated to improve drinkable water supply to 30 residential areas
- 09.04.2018AZN 5.17mln allocated for construction modular schools in Azerbaijan’s south
- 09.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue to be presented
- 09.04.2018Traffic restriction for 2018 Formula-1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix announced
- 07.04.2018AZN 2.6mln allocated for construction of modular schools in Aghdash and Barda
- 07.04.2018AZN 7.6mln allocated for hospital constriction in Shamkir
- 06.04.2018Caspian European Club’s Medical Committee holds session
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for improvement of water supply in Lerik
- 05.04.2018President Aliyev approves funding for road construction
- 04.04.2018Indian minister: ‘We’re interested to create transport corridors
- 04.04.2018AZN 5M allocated for construction of ASAN Service center in Agjabadi
- 03.04.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Bilasuvar
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.8M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Shirvan
- 03.04.2018More than 130,000 Azerbaijanis visit Georgia last month
- 03.04.2018AZAL to launch direct flight from Moscow to Lankaran
- 02.04.2018AZN 4.3mln allocated for construction of 14 modular schools in 4 districts
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for water supply in Tovuz
- 29.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.6M for water supply in Agstafa
- 29.03.2018President: We’ll derive economic benefit by connecting continents, and we create new cooperation format in region
- 27.03.2018AZN 4.1M allocated for development of educational infrastructure in five districts
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan to build new hospitals in six cities
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 30.10.2017Kazakh PM: BTK project to create favorable conditions for transport of goods from China to Europe
- 30.10.2017Turkish president: Trains from London to Beijing will move directly
- 30.10.2017Two freight trains sent off via BTK - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: Some had doubts about successful completion of BTK
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK is the shortest and most reliable route connecting Europe with Asia
- 30.10.2017Ambassador: Central Asia to get access to Europe through BTK