Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
Caspian Energy International Media Group and Caspian European Club together with the permanent representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku have held a presentation of the special issue of the Caspian Energy journal dedicated to the results of the annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan, and in which the Nakhchivan AR has become a winner of the rating.
Head of the Permanent Representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku Bakhtiyar Asgarov, deputies of Milli Majlis of Azerbaijan, heads of diplomatic missions in Azerbaijan, as well as members of the board and member companies of the Caspian European Club have attended the presentation.
First Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Caspian European Club Telman Aliyev recalled that the regions in this rating are ranked by 18 parameters divided into 6 groups: social-demographic profile, social-economic status, business climate, infrastructure, feel-good factor and agriculture.
Telman Aliyev added that “for several years we have compiled this rating for the Chairman of the Caspian European Club, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev. Since the last year we have been publishing an investment rating in the final issue of the Caspian Energy journal”.
He emphasized that ambassadors of foreign states, accredited in the Azerbaijan Republic, highlighted an economic development of the Nakhchivan AR in the interviews they gave to Caspian Energy journal, spoke about the importance attached by the Nakhchivan officials to alternative and renewable sources of energy, as well as to the introduction of innovative technologies and development of tourism.
The Ambassador were impressed with the diversity and good quality of goods produced in Nakhchivan, as well as efforts made by the authorities of the Autonomous Republic to develop local economy and diversify a list of production of regional products. They expressed confidence that the given process of the continuous growth of the list of industrial products is also observed in other regions of Azerbaijan.
At the end, Telman Aliyev noted that this issue of Caspian Energy journal would be presented to heads of state and government of 70 countries of the world, as well as heads of public and transnational companies, international financial institutions and leading analytical centers, investment companies and rating agencies.
Having greeted the guests, the Head of the Permanent Representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku Bakhtiyar Asgarov noted that social-economic reforms implemented in Azerbaijan under the leadership of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic Ilham Aliyev have been also introduced on a high level in the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic. According to him, considerable success have been gained in social-economic, science-cultural, construction-upgrading, industrial and agricultural areas, as well as in the field of tourism, transportation and communications, infrastructure and tourism, military development, growth of local production and the welfare of the population. He noted that an economic potential of the Autonomous Republic has risen sufficiently owing to gained success.
“Caspian Energy journal’s special issue dedicated to the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic narrates about the diversity and high quality of Nakhchivan products, as well as about measures aimed at development of the economy of the Autonomous Republic. The process of gradual increase of assortments of industrial products by years has been fixed in the special issue of the journal. Besides, schematic and diagrammatic data reflects achievements in all economic sectors, including public and private sectors”, Bakhtiyar Asgarov said. He added that the issue also describes an activity of potential partners, which can be an additional incentive for attraction of long-term investments into the development of regions of Azerbaijan.
“At the same time, the issue contains articles and interviews concerning products and services provided in Nakhchivan. Analytical materials and resumes of leading experts have been published in the following issue of the Caspian Energy journal. It once again indicates a great significance of the special issue dedicated to Nakhchivan, Head of the Permanent Representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku Bakhtiyar Asgarov said.
Addressing the presentation was also Milli Majlis deputy Aydin Mirzazade who highlighted high economic indicators of the Nakhchivan AR, which have been achieved so far. According to him, all of this has been the result of the development policy laid by All-National Leader Heydar Aliyev. “Despite the geographical remoteness of Nakhchivan, it is the heart of Azerbaijan”, the deputy said. He also stressed an invaluable support of Turkey and other countries. Deputy Aydin Mirzazade congratulated the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic on the leadership in the investment rating, wishing the Nakhchivan AR much bigger achievements.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Turkey to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral noted that the relations between Turkey and Nakhchivan are an important part of the relationship of Azerbaijan and Turkey. “These relations developed for many years and continue developing even today. We Nakhchivan finding its presence on the Turkish market which promotes development of trade relations and cooperation in the field of tourism”, the Ambassador said. At the end, Ambassador Erkan Ozoral thanked the Caspian European Club and Nakhchivan AR, represented by the Head of the Permanent Representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku Bakhtiyar Asgarov for the opportunity to learn more about Nakhchivan.
Ambassador of the French Republic to Azerbaijan Aurélia Bouchez noted that visited Nakhchivan on October 18-19, 2017. “I was welcomed by the Chairman of the Supreme Assembly of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic Mr. Vasif Talibov and by the Minister of Economy of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic Mr. Famil Seyidov. This visit was a great opportunity to discuss bilateral relations in all areas”, she said. Ambassador also mentioned the dynamism of Nakhchivan’s economy development, as illustrated by the Business Center of Nakhchivan that she had visited, as well as a few local enterprises.
Ambassador of Argentine Carlos Dante Riva emphasized that he had been to Nakhchivan for three times. “During my visit to Nakhchivan, my first one to any Azerbaijani region as Ambassador, I was most touched by the wholehearted and warm welcome I received, both from its Authorities and from the friendly people of Nakhchivan. During my stay, I had the chance to spend some time at the Nakhchivan State University and to admire the richness of the region´s beautiful geography. I also shared with Mr. Talibov, Chairman of the Supreme Assembly of Nakhchivan, my deepest commitment to strengthen the relationship between our peoples. I avail myself of this opportunity to sincerely congratulate the whole of the Autonomous Republic of Nakhchivan for having reached the top of the investment rating”, Ambassador Carlos Dante Riva said.
Sanjay Rana, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of India to the Republic of Azerbaijan, stated that Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic enjoys high place in the economy of Republic of Azerbaijan due to its well-developed industrial infrastructure and agricultural production base. According to him, during his visit to Nakhchivan, he had seen that it has many industrial enterprises producing decorative stones, metal sheets, cladding stones, canned fruit products and mineral water bottling plants. “Nakhchivan has very well developed production of food and agro-products, including meat and dairy products, honey, wines, canned fruits and juices. The living standards are high and Nakhchivan boasts of excellent educational and medical facilities. The transportation infrastructure links Nakhchivan to Iran, Turkey and Georgia. The transportation infrastructure is being developed further which provides Nakhchivan with high potential for exports”, Ambassador of India Sanjay Rana concluded.
Academician Isa Khabibeyli, Vice President of the Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, has stressed in his speech the significance of conduction of such event after the elections, and the victory of Mr. Ilham Aliyev once again shows a successful policy implemented by Mr. President and aimed at development of all economic regions of the country.
Deputy of Milli Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic Elshan Musayev also noted that the reforms implemented by Mr. President resulted in the high indicators and the leadership of Nakhchivan in the investment rating.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Uzbekistan Sherzod Fayziyev said that content of this publication provides a reader a broad picture about the economic development of the Nakhchivan region, and a reader who has not been to Nakhchivan, can get quite full-scale information about this region. He also highlighted that each part of Azerbaijan is developing dynamically now. “The event scheduled for June 20 in Nakhchivan will once again visually demonstrate the regions development rates. I am confident that in future the Nakhchivan AR will manage to gain much higher results”, the Ambassador concluded.
Addressing the event were also Ambassador of Malaysia Dato Roslan Tan Sri Abdul Rahman, Ambassador of Moldova George Leuka, as well as Charge d'Affaires of Spain in Azerbaijan Jose Ignasio who emphasized that they unfortunately had not been to Nakhchivan yet but they intend to visit the Nakhchivan AR in near future.
Head of the Permanent Representation of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in Baku Bakhtiyar Asgarov was presented an honorary membership certificate of the Caspian European Club for the contribution to the development of international affairs between the Nakhchivan AR and foreign states, for the work progress and popularization of investment opportunities.
The Caspian European Club that brings together over 5,000 member companies and organizations from 70 countries around the world was established in June 2002 through an active involvement of the Caspian Energy International Media Group and under support of the largest oil & gas companies operating in the Caspian-Black Sea region.
The Caspian American Club (established on 24 December 2016) and Caspian Asian Club (26 January 2018) will be managed by the members of the Caspian European Club for 2 years. All companies entering the Caspian European Club get an automatic membership within the Caspian American Club, Caspian Asian Club and vice-versa.
His Excellency Ilham Aliyev, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, is a Chairman of the Caspian European Club.
Caspian Energy is being spread in 70 countries of the world. For 19 years the journal has been publishing interviews of Presidents and Prime Ministers of different countries, as well as interviews of heads of well-known international organizations, large transnational companies, reviews and analytical materials of leading experts. According to different estimates, Caspian Energy is ranked among top 5 leading journals of the Caspian-Black Sea and Baltic regions, and serves as a benchmark for many investors when considering a line of activity in the Caspian-Black Sea and Baltic regions.
Caspian Energy is being spread in 70 countries of the world. For 18 years the journal has been publishing interviews of Presidents and Prime Ministers of different countries, as well as interviews of heads of well-known international organizations, large transnational companies, reviews and analytical materials of leading experts. According to different estimates, Caspian Energy is ranked among top 5 leading journals of the Caspian-Black Sea and Baltic regions, and serves as a benchmark for many investors when considering a line of activity in the Caspian-Black Sea and Baltic regions.
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 11.05.2018“AppLab” participants become winners of “Golden Byte 2018” Regional Final
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Dinamo hotel in Baku
- 08.05.2018“AzerTelecom” renders support to educational projects in field of information technologies
- 08.05.2018AZAL plane makes emergency landing
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 07.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates multi-level road junction and passage to Heydar Aliyev Avenue in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018President: Transparency should be ensured in social field - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018AZN 3.8M allocated for construction of school in Khizi
- 04.05.2018AZN 3M allocated for continuation of reconstruction works in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates 24 km-part of Khachmaz-Khudat highway after reconstruction
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president attends launch of water and sewerage system in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Azerkhalcha OJSC’s Khachmaz branch
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Khachmaz district
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction in Agstafa
- 03.05.2018Nar discloses results of first quarter of 2018
- 02.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 8M for road construction in Agjabadi
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 11.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.4M for road construction in Goranboy
- 30.04.2018AZAL to carry out direct flights to Tivat from July 5
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan turns into one of Eurasia’s transport hubs
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 19.04.2018AZAL announces three new destinations within summer flight schedule
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 16.04.2018Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth