Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
In January-November 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served 3.75 million passengers. This indicator grew by more than 25 percent compared to the same period last year.
During this period Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 2.1 million passengers, 545,000 of which were carried on domestic flights.
During the reporting period, the first national low-cost airline Buta Airways, which has started its flights since September 2017, served 55,000 passengers.
85 percent of passengers were carried by international flights. 43 percent of the total international traffic of the airport accounted for Azerbaijan Airlines and Buta Airways, 57 percent - foreign air carriers.
Currently, Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 30 airlines on 53 destinations. Top ten most popular international destinations include Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Kiev, Tehran, Antalya, Tbilisi, Baghdad, Doha and St. Petersburg. 2.31 million passengers traveled to these destinations.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 14.12.2017Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements
- 08.12.2017Turkey to shift large part of its current trade with CIS to BTK
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for repair of apartment buildings in Guba