Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
In January-October 2017, Heydar Aliyev International Airport served 3.46 million passengers. This indicator grew by more than 20 percent compared to the same period last year and exceeded the total statistics for the entire 2016 year.
During this period Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) carried 2 million passengers, 504,000 of which were carried on domestic flights.
85 percent of passengers were carried by international flights. 50.6 percent of the total international traffic of the airport accounted for Azerbaijan Airlines, 49.4 percent - foreign air carriers.
Currently, Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 30 airlines on 53 destinations. Top ten most popular international destinations include Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Kiev, Tehran, Antalya, Tbilisi, Baghdad, Doha and St. Petersburg. 2.1 million passengers traveled to these destinations.
The new airport terminal of Heydar Aliyev Airport (Terminal 1) was put into operation in April 2014. Its total area is 65,000 square meters.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport was awarded the category of "4 stars" by the Skytrax, which is influential British consulting company specializing in the study of the quality of services provided by various airlines and airports worldwide.
In March this year Baku Heydar Aliyev Airport was named the best airport among airports of Russia and CIS countries for the level of the provided services, being awarded the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev views new metro trains delivered to Baku
- 19.04.2018AZAL announces three new destinations within summer flight schedule
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by six fold
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan turns into one of Eurasia’s transport hubs
- 17.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue presented
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan manufactures 59 cars in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 207M in three months
- 16.04.2018Bakcell promotes decent work and economic growth
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan increases cement import by 2.8-fold
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases sugar import
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijan decreases butter import by 5%
- 13.04.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves about 900,000 passengers in Q1
- 12.04.2018Caspian European Club solemnly celebrates President Ilham Aliyev’s victory at elections
- 12.04.2018Gilan Holding successfully participates in the AITF 2018 exhibition
- 09.04.2018AZN 12.5mln allocated to improve drinkable water supply to 30 residential areas
- 09.04.2018AZN 5.17mln allocated for construction modular schools in Azerbaijan’s south
- 09.04.2018Caspian Energy journal’s Nakhchivan issue to be presented
- 09.04.2018Traffic restriction for 2018 Formula-1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix announced
- 07.04.2018AZN 2.6mln allocated for construction of modular schools in Aghdash and Barda
- 07.04.2018AZN 7.6mln allocated for hospital constriction in Shamkir
- 06.04.2018Caspian European Club’s Medical Committee holds session
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for improvement of water supply in Lerik
- 05.04.2018President Aliyev approves funding for road construction
- 04.04.2018Indian minister: ‘We’re interested to create transport corridors
- 04.04.2018AZN 5M allocated for construction of ASAN Service center in Agjabadi
- 03.04.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Bilasuvar
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.8M for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage system in Shirvan
- 03.04.2018More than 130,000 Azerbaijanis visit Georgia last month
- 03.04.2018AZAL to launch direct flight from Moscow to Lankaran
- 02.04.2018AZN 4.3mln allocated for construction of 14 modular schools in 4 districts
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14M for water supply in Tovuz
- 29.03.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.6M for water supply in Agstafa
- 29.03.2018President: We’ll derive economic benefit by connecting continents, and we create new cooperation format in region
- 27.03.2018AZN 4.1M allocated for development of educational infrastructure in five districts
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan to build new hospitals in six cities
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region