Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
The Rockwell Collins International is selected as the supplier of onboard electronics, entertainment systems and communication equipment on the new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL).
The corresponding agreement was signed between Eldar Hajiyev and Colin Mahoney, Senior Vice President of Rockwell Collins International within the framework of the largest international aerospace exhibition Dubai Airshow 2017.
The new equipment will provide passengers with access to wireless Internet throughout the flight, as well as raise in-flight entertainment to a new level.
It should be recalled that in April this year Azerbaijan`s Silk Way Airlines and American Boeing Corporation signed an agreement on the purchase of 10 Boeing-737 MAX passenger aircrafts. The national air carrier Azerbaijan Airlines will be operator of these aircrafts. The first two aircrafts of the newest generation will be delivered to Azerbaijan in the end of 2018, and the rest until the end of 2020.
The total cost of the deal is one billion US dollars. The purchase of aircrafts will be financed without state guarantees for the first time in the history of Azerbaijan’s civil aviation.
The upgraded 737 MAX series is equipped with new CFM International LEAP-1B engines, which allows to reduce fuel consumption by 13 percent compared to the most fuel-efficient modern aircrafts. The latest design improvements, including the installation of the new Advance Technology winglet, reduce the resistance, which further improves the operational characteristics of the 737 MAX, especially for long-haul flights.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent