Italian court rejects Puglia appeal on TAP olive trees
The Lazio regional administrative court (TAR) on Thursday rejected an appeal by the Puglia region against a government order to uproot and replant olive trees for the construction of the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP), APA reported citing ANSA agency.
On April 6 the Lazio TAR suspended an environment ministry permit for the removal of olive trees in the area of the work site for the TAP pipeline in Melendugno, Puglia, pending today's hearing on the appeal against the permit.
On April 10 Industry Minister Carlo Calenda ruled out a change of location for the TAP project in Puglia following big protests over the removal of olive trees. "Changing now would mean saying that we won't do it, but it is fundamentally important that we do," Calenda told reporters in Rome. "Fourteen different alternatives were discussed for the arrival site. The infrastructure is in the implementation phase and the debate lasted a very long time".
TAP is a part of the Southern Gas Corridor, which is one of the priority energy projects for the European Union.
The project envisages transportation of gas from Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz Stage 2 to the EU countries.
The pipeline will connect to the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) on the Turkish-Greek border, run through Greece, Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Italy’s south.
TAP will be 878 kilometers in length (Greece 550 kilometers, Albania 215 kilometers, Adriatic Sea 105 kilometers, and Italy 8 kilometers). Its highest point will be 1,800 meters in Albania’s mountains, while its lowest point will be 820 meters beneath the sea.
Related news releases
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 553M
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sharply decreases automobile manufacture
- 14.09.2017Anaklia and New Port of Baku in Alat intend to establish close cooperation - INTERVIEW
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1.5M for supply of Jojug Marjanli’s sowing areas with irrigation water
- 12.09.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport targets record high in passenger transportation
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan Railways CJSC announces date of BTK’s opening ceremony
- 11.09.2017Representatives of Korean shipbuilding companies to visit Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Direct flights to be launched between Korea and Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Baku to host WorldBuild Baku 2017 exhibition
- 06.09.2017Composition of Azerbaijan-Turkey joint intergovernmental commission changed
- 04.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Jalilabad-Yardimli highway
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens highway connecting 23 villages of Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly-reconstructed administrative building of Jalilabad Telecommunications Network
- 02.09.2017Water supply and sewage systems launched in Azerbaijan’s Jalilabad
- 02.09.2017Masalli-Jalilabad stretch of Alat-Astara-Iran state border highway inaugurated
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Lankaran-Masalli section of Alat-Astara-Iran border highway
- 02.09.2017AZAL holds 2 percent of Georgian air market
- 01.09.2017Buta Airways launches first flight
- 30.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Bilasuvar
- 29.08.2017Heydar Aliyev Int’l Airport switches to new technological solutions
- 28.08.2017Caspian European Club Board Members’ elections to be held on Sept. 20
- 25.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Embraer 190 aircraft delivered to Baku by Buta Airways
- 22.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 3M for construction of residential building in Shamkir
- 21.08.2017Government of Georgia welcomes establishing of Caspian Energy Georgia
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir-Yeni Goycha-Dagh Jayir highway
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new highway in Samukh
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Shamkir-Samukh-Goranboy main irrigation channel
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Zazalı-“Imamzade” complex-Ganja highway
- 17.08.2017Over five million manats allocated for road construction in Azerbaijan’s Aghsu
- 16.08.2017AZN 4 mln manat allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Binagadi, Mehdiabad, Novkhani
- 15.08.20173mln manats allocated for reconstruction of water supple and sewage systems in ‘White City’
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 23.3M for restoration of Gakh-Zagatala highway
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 24.6M for repair of Zagatala-Balaken-Mazimchay highway
- 08.08.2017President: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will increase transit opportunities of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017AZAL calls to buy air tickets only from Airline's trusted partners
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of motor road in Gakh
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of motor road in Gakh district
- 03.08.2017Balaken-Saribulag-Gabagchol-Khalatala motor road launched
- 03.08.2017President attends opening of Balaken Hydroelectric Power Station
- 02.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for Baku International Sea Trade Port
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4M for repair of road in Sumgayit
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of buildings in Yevlakh district
- 18.04.2017Iran intends to create transport corridor to connect Persian Gulf with Black Sea