TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
The 16th Caspian International Transport, Transit and Logistics exhibition “TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017” has kicked off at Baku Expo Center.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is one of the leading transport events in the Caspian region. The exhibition brings together key public transport authorities and commercial organizations engaged in the rail sector, maritime industry, aviation, commercial vehicles and transport & logistics services.
The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan. TRACECA,
Delivering speech in the event, Minister of Transport, Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade said that Azerbaijan, which plays a role of bridge between the east and the west, is known as a main partner in transit transportations: “Currently, largest sea port is being constructed in the Caspian and Free Trade Zone, to be created there, creates opportunities for capital investments in Azerbaijan”.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is part of a series of specialized transport and logistics exhibitions organized by ITE Group plc (UK), which includes TransRussia (Moscow), TransPoland (Warsaw), TransUzbekistan (Tashkent), TransUkraine (Kiev), and TransitKazakhstan (Almaty), a series of international BreakBulk exhibitions (Antwerp, Houston, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Kuala Lumpur) and others.
The leadership of the Republic of Azerbaijan pays special attention to the transport sector of the country. Currently, large-scale transport projects like the North-South, the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars are actively being implemented, which contributes to the transformation of Azerbaijan into the main link between Europe and Asia. The annual staging of a specialized exhibition also contributes to the further development of Azerbaijan as a transport hub.
This year, 88 companies from 14 countries, including Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey and others, are participating at the TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition. New companies comprise 30% of the total number of participants. Among this year’s debutants are the RTC Group of Companies, ASFIL, Minsk Car Repair Plant and others.
Along with commercial companies, the TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017 exhibition hosts state transport structures such as CJSC Azerbaijan Railways, Baku International Sea Trade Port, Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company, the State Maritime Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, “Ukrzaliznytsa” Ukrainian Railways and their subsidiaries, CJSC “Astrakhan Sea Port” and others.”
The exhibition displays a wide range of products and services that are related to the sphere of transport. “The Transport and Logistics sector provides cargo owners with optimal ways of transporting goods by rail and sea.
The Marine Industry sector provides models of multifunctional rescue vessels, boats and multi-purpose speed boats, as well as services for design, modernization and re-equipment of sea and river vehicles, engineering support for conversion and turnkey construction of pontoons, berths and marine yachts. The traditional Railway Infrastructure and Rolling Stock sector shows models of locomotives and wagons, services for repair and production of railway transport, products of auto-driving, fuel consumption registration and automatic start-function of diesel engines in locomotives and technological equipment for diagnostics also is demonstrated.”
Among the exhibition’s foreign VIP guests are Amir Amini, Deputy Minister of Road and Urban Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran; Victor Dovgan - Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration, Mehran Khamisizadeh - National Secretary of the IGC TRACECA in the Islamic Republic of Iran; and Secretary General of the PS IGC TRACECA, Mircea Chiopraga.
A business program is planned under the framework of the exhibition. On April 26, AVP Technology and OJCS RIRTCD will conduct a seminar on the theme “Advanced technology for locomotive facilities”. Rusagrotrans CJSC will hold a presentation on transportation of grain cargos from Russia to Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia and Turkey.
On the same site as TransCaspian/Translogistica will be two exhibitions in related sectors: the 7th Caspian International Road Infrastructure and Public Transport Road&Traffic 2017 exhibition and the 4th Caspian International Boat and Yacht CIBS 2017 Show. The main focus of the business program of exhibitions will take the form of B2B meetings; an additional business platform where participants and visitors can meet with each other and establish business connections. Local visiting companies and exhibitors will take part in these exchanges. B2B meetings will be held for the first time within the framework of the exhibitions and will present a unique opportunity for exhibitors to meet with colleagues at the same table and simultaneously hold negotiations with several key visitors. The B2B meetings will be held on April 27 at the Baku Expo Center from 10 a.m. to 13 p.m.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is a unique opportunity to meet with the leaders and specialists of the state transport structures of Azerbaijan and other countries in the region, get acquainted with the prospective infrastructure projects, and also meet with cargo owners, heads of industrial enterprises, car fleet owners and other stakeholders from the core areas in order to establish new business contacts.
For professionals, the exhibition will be open from April 26 to 28, for students on April 28. At the exhibition there is a children's area, where children can be trusted by professionals from Agil and Bilgi, who will take children to useful and exciting activities. Among the partners Iteca Caspian in 2017, the tour operator "Premier Tour", the official hotel "Qafqaz Point Hotel" and "Hyatt Regency". The organizers of the exhibition are Iteca Caspian and its partner ITE Group.
Related news releases
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.7M for road construction in Ujar
- 28.07.2017Azerbaijani ambassador familiarizes with works on BTK in Georgia
- 26.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6.8M for road construction in Barda
- 25.07.2017Industrial district to be built in Azerbaijan's Hajigabul
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of Zire-Turkan motor road
- 21.07.2017Buta Airways starts sale of air tickets to Istanbul and St. Petersburg
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev lays foundation of fish hatcheries in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates drinking water supply project in Pirallahi district
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Narakand complex in Pirallahi district
- 20.07.2017Georgian official: I’m confident more countries will join BTK
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan-Iran MoU on development of railways approved
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey to strengthen customs cooperation
- 19.07.2017Baku Telephone Communications Production Association becomes LLC
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 400M
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan ranks worldwide in terms of creating parks
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 6M for road construction in Imishli
- 13.07.2017Karam Hasanov: "Inaccuracies concerning boundaries of some administrative-territorial districts led to problems"
- 11.07.2017Law to end displeasure of mobile communication subscribers about advertising messages enters into force
- 11.07.2017Ticket for Buta Airways put on sale
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan increases car import by 35%
- 07.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 14.4M for road construction in Sabirabad
- 07.07.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport achieves highest growth rate in passenger traffic in June
- 05.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Tartar
- 03.07.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.9M for road construction in Shamakhi
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev opened new road in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for capital repair of apartment buildings in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017Airfare of Buta Airways flights to start from €29
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Urban Planning and Construction Code
- 20.06.2017AZAL purchases four B787-Dreamliner aircrafts
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan ranks 48th in Global Cybersecurity Index
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan doubles car import from Georgia
- 19.06.2017AZAL opens direct flight to Bangkok
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn nearly AZN 327M
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan sees 2.2-fold increase in gold production
- 16.06.2017Kaspersky Lab: Azerbaijan could come under increasing cyber attacks in connection with geopolitical risks
- 15.06.20173 mln manats allocated for capital repair of highway in Bilasuvar
- 15.06.2017Another 9 mln manats allocated for reconstruction of Jojug Marjanli
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.3M for construction of Khirdalan-Binagadi-Balakhani motor road
- 11.06.2017"Azersu": The composition of water in Tagiyev settlement meets the standards
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.5M for road construction in Absheron
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 05.05.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves over 1 million passengers since beginning of year
- 08.05.2017Transportations through TRACECA increase 11%
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman