TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
The 16th Caspian International Transport, Transit and Logistics exhibition “TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017” has kicked off at Baku Expo Center.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is one of the leading transport events in the Caspian region. The exhibition brings together key public transport authorities and commercial organizations engaged in the rail sector, maritime industry, aviation, commercial vehicles and transport & logistics services.
The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan. TRACECA,
Delivering speech in the event, Minister of Transport, Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade said that Azerbaijan, which plays a role of bridge between the east and the west, is known as a main partner in transit transportations: “Currently, largest sea port is being constructed in the Caspian and Free Trade Zone, to be created there, creates opportunities for capital investments in Azerbaijan”.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is part of a series of specialized transport and logistics exhibitions organized by ITE Group plc (UK), which includes TransRussia (Moscow), TransPoland (Warsaw), TransUzbekistan (Tashkent), TransUkraine (Kiev), and TransitKazakhstan (Almaty), a series of international BreakBulk exhibitions (Antwerp, Houston, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Kuala Lumpur) and others.
The leadership of the Republic of Azerbaijan pays special attention to the transport sector of the country. Currently, large-scale transport projects like the North-South, the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars are actively being implemented, which contributes to the transformation of Azerbaijan into the main link between Europe and Asia. The annual staging of a specialized exhibition also contributes to the further development of Azerbaijan as a transport hub.
This year, 88 companies from 14 countries, including Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey and others, are participating at the TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition. New companies comprise 30% of the total number of participants. Among this year’s debutants are the RTC Group of Companies, ASFIL, Minsk Car Repair Plant and others.
Along with commercial companies, the TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017 exhibition hosts state transport structures such as CJSC Azerbaijan Railways, Baku International Sea Trade Port, Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company, the State Maritime Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, “Ukrzaliznytsa” Ukrainian Railways and their subsidiaries, CJSC “Astrakhan Sea Port” and others.”
The exhibition displays a wide range of products and services that are related to the sphere of transport. “The Transport and Logistics sector provides cargo owners with optimal ways of transporting goods by rail and sea.
The Marine Industry sector provides models of multifunctional rescue vessels, boats and multi-purpose speed boats, as well as services for design, modernization and re-equipment of sea and river vehicles, engineering support for conversion and turnkey construction of pontoons, berths and marine yachts. The traditional Railway Infrastructure and Rolling Stock sector shows models of locomotives and wagons, services for repair and production of railway transport, products of auto-driving, fuel consumption registration and automatic start-function of diesel engines in locomotives and technological equipment for diagnostics also is demonstrated.”
Among the exhibition’s foreign VIP guests are Amir Amini, Deputy Minister of Road and Urban Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran; Victor Dovgan - Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration, Mehran Khamisizadeh - National Secretary of the IGC TRACECA in the Islamic Republic of Iran; and Secretary General of the PS IGC TRACECA, Mircea Chiopraga.
A business program is planned under the framework of the exhibition. On April 26, AVP Technology and OJCS RIRTCD will conduct a seminar on the theme “Advanced technology for locomotive facilities”. Rusagrotrans CJSC will hold a presentation on transportation of grain cargos from Russia to Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia and Turkey.
On the same site as TransCaspian/Translogistica will be two exhibitions in related sectors: the 7th Caspian International Road Infrastructure and Public Transport Road&Traffic 2017 exhibition and the 4th Caspian International Boat and Yacht CIBS 2017 Show. The main focus of the business program of exhibitions will take the form of B2B meetings; an additional business platform where participants and visitors can meet with each other and establish business connections. Local visiting companies and exhibitors will take part in these exchanges. B2B meetings will be held for the first time within the framework of the exhibitions and will present a unique opportunity for exhibitors to meet with colleagues at the same table and simultaneously hold negotiations with several key visitors. The B2B meetings will be held on April 27 at the Baku Expo Center from 10 a.m. to 13 p.m.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is a unique opportunity to meet with the leaders and specialists of the state transport structures of Azerbaijan and other countries in the region, get acquainted with the prospective infrastructure projects, and also meet with cargo owners, heads of industrial enterprises, car fleet owners and other stakeholders from the core areas in order to establish new business contacts.
For professionals, the exhibition will be open from April 26 to 28, for students on April 28. At the exhibition there is a children's area, where children can be trusted by professionals from Agil and Bilgi, who will take children to useful and exciting activities. Among the partners Iteca Caspian in 2017, the tour operator "Premier Tour", the official hotel "Qafqaz Point Hotel" and "Hyatt Regency". The organizers of the exhibition are Iteca Caspian and its partner ITE Group.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Goranboy
- 22.05.2018Bakcell takes part in career fair organized by Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- 21.05.2018A trip abroad from Bakcell “Ulduzum” and “Bank of Baku”!
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan increases car import from Georgia by five fold
- 21.05.2018Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan should create at least 100,000 jobs every year
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for construction of new bridge in Barda
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.7 for road construction in Ramana settement
- 17.05.2018Azercell’s 4G now for Masalli and Jalilabad residents
- 16.05.2018AZN 10M allocated for construction of Ordubad Water Power Station
- 16.05.2018AZN 30M allocated for construction of Julfa-Ordubad motor road
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan assembles 130 special cars in four months
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev views international exhibitions in Baku
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of water purification facility complex in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018AZN 45M allocated for construction new motor road in Baku
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: BTK implementation to strengthen Azerbaijan’s regional position
- 14.05.2018President: Azerbaijan to turn into a transport and logistics hub
- 14.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan can build all types of ships
- 14.05.2018Heydar Aliyev International Airport’s passenger flow increased by 15 percent
- 14.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Baku International Sea Trade Port Complex
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3.3M for construction Mehdiabad-Pirshagi motor road
- 11.05.2018Azercell’s Barama Center continues to support young startups
- 11.05.2018“AppLab” participants become winners of “Golden Byte 2018” Regional Final
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Dinamo hotel in Baku
- 08.05.2018“AzerTelecom” renders support to educational projects in field of information technologies
- 08.05.2018AZAL plane makes emergency landing
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 9.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 07.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates multi-level road junction and passage to Heydar Aliyev Avenue in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018President: Transparency should be ensured in social field - UPDATED
- 04.05.2018AZN 3.8M allocated for construction of school in Khizi
- 04.05.2018AZN 3M allocated for continuation of reconstruction works in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates 24 km-part of Khachmaz-Khudat highway after reconstruction
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president attends launch of water and sewerage system in Khachmaz
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Azerkhalcha OJSC’s Khachmaz branch
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates motor road in Khachmaz district
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 3M for road construction in Agstafa
- 03.05.2018Nar discloses results of first quarter of 2018
- 02.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 8M for road construction in Agjabadi
- 01.05.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 11.6M for road construction in Agdash
- 30.04.2018Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 4.4M for road construction in Goranboy
- 30.04.2018AZAL to carry out direct flights to Tivat from July 5
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 05.05.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves over 1 million passengers since beginning of year
- 08.05.2017Transportations through TRACECA increase 11%
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman