TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
The 16th Caspian International Transport, Transit and Logistics exhibition “TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017” has kicked off at Baku Expo Center.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is one of the leading transport events in the Caspian region. The exhibition brings together key public transport authorities and commercial organizations engaged in the rail sector, maritime industry, aviation, commercial vehicles and transport & logistics services.
The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan. TRACECA,
Delivering speech in the event, Minister of Transport, Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade said that Azerbaijan, which plays a role of bridge between the east and the west, is known as a main partner in transit transportations: “Currently, largest sea port is being constructed in the Caspian and Free Trade Zone, to be created there, creates opportunities for capital investments in Azerbaijan”.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is part of a series of specialized transport and logistics exhibitions organized by ITE Group plc (UK), which includes TransRussia (Moscow), TransPoland (Warsaw), TransUzbekistan (Tashkent), TransUkraine (Kiev), and TransitKazakhstan (Almaty), a series of international BreakBulk exhibitions (Antwerp, Houston, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Kuala Lumpur) and others.
The leadership of the Republic of Azerbaijan pays special attention to the transport sector of the country. Currently, large-scale transport projects like the North-South, the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars are actively being implemented, which contributes to the transformation of Azerbaijan into the main link between Europe and Asia. The annual staging of a specialized exhibition also contributes to the further development of Azerbaijan as a transport hub.
This year, 88 companies from 14 countries, including Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey and others, are participating at the TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition. New companies comprise 30% of the total number of participants. Among this year’s debutants are the RTC Group of Companies, ASFIL, Minsk Car Repair Plant and others.
Along with commercial companies, the TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017 exhibition hosts state transport structures such as CJSC Azerbaijan Railways, Baku International Sea Trade Port, Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company, the State Maritime Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, “Ukrzaliznytsa” Ukrainian Railways and their subsidiaries, CJSC “Astrakhan Sea Port” and others.”
The exhibition displays a wide range of products and services that are related to the sphere of transport. “The Transport and Logistics sector provides cargo owners with optimal ways of transporting goods by rail and sea.
The Marine Industry sector provides models of multifunctional rescue vessels, boats and multi-purpose speed boats, as well as services for design, modernization and re-equipment of sea and river vehicles, engineering support for conversion and turnkey construction of pontoons, berths and marine yachts. The traditional Railway Infrastructure and Rolling Stock sector shows models of locomotives and wagons, services for repair and production of railway transport, products of auto-driving, fuel consumption registration and automatic start-function of diesel engines in locomotives and technological equipment for diagnostics also is demonstrated.”
Among the exhibition’s foreign VIP guests are Amir Amini, Deputy Minister of Road and Urban Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran; Victor Dovgan - Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration, Mehran Khamisizadeh - National Secretary of the IGC TRACECA in the Islamic Republic of Iran; and Secretary General of the PS IGC TRACECA, Mircea Chiopraga.
A business program is planned under the framework of the exhibition. On April 26, AVP Technology and OJCS RIRTCD will conduct a seminar on the theme “Advanced technology for locomotive facilities”. Rusagrotrans CJSC will hold a presentation on transportation of grain cargos from Russia to Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia and Turkey.
On the same site as TransCaspian/Translogistica will be two exhibitions in related sectors: the 7th Caspian International Road Infrastructure and Public Transport Road&Traffic 2017 exhibition and the 4th Caspian International Boat and Yacht CIBS 2017 Show. The main focus of the business program of exhibitions will take the form of B2B meetings; an additional business platform where participants and visitors can meet with each other and establish business connections. Local visiting companies and exhibitors will take part in these exchanges. B2B meetings will be held for the first time within the framework of the exhibitions and will present a unique opportunity for exhibitors to meet with colleagues at the same table and simultaneously hold negotiations with several key visitors. The B2B meetings will be held on April 27 at the Baku Expo Center from 10 a.m. to 13 p.m.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is a unique opportunity to meet with the leaders and specialists of the state transport structures of Azerbaijan and other countries in the region, get acquainted with the prospective infrastructure projects, and also meet with cargo owners, heads of industrial enterprises, car fleet owners and other stakeholders from the core areas in order to establish new business contacts.
For professionals, the exhibition will be open from April 26 to 28, for students on April 28. At the exhibition there is a children's area, where children can be trusted by professionals from Agil and Bilgi, who will take children to useful and exciting activities. Among the partners Iteca Caspian in 2017, the tour operator "Premier Tour", the official hotel "Qafqaz Point Hotel" and "Hyatt Regency". The organizers of the exhibition are Iteca Caspian and its partner ITE Group.
Related news releases
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates funds for commencement of repair works in 23 buildings
- 16.11.2017AZN 10.1M allocated for construction of main water pipelines in Absheron, Baku
- 16.11.2017Automobile manufacture in Azerbaijan about to stop
- 16.11.2017Association: Tariffs for transportations via BTK are too high
- 16.11.2017Chairman of Association: One of countries more benefiting from BTK may be Russia
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M for road construction in Ganja city
- 12.11.2017Rockwell company will supply equipment for new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts of Azerbaijan Airlines
- 12.11.2017AZAL and Boeing signed agreement on purchase of new modern aircrafts
- 10.11.2017President: We’ll broaden highway from Ganja to Georgian border from next year
- 10.11.2017Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport grows by more than 20 percent
- 06.11.2017Ilham Aliyev decrees to establish Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems in Shamkir
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK will bring prosperity, stability and development to whole region
- 03.11.2017First train sent off via BTK arrives in Kars
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The volume of investment to Azerbaijani economy by Iran and Russia is growing"
- 01.11.2017Georgian PM: BTK is a corridor between China and Europe
- 31.10.2017Elmar Mammadyarov explains significance of North-South transport corridor
- 31.10.2017Binali Yildirim: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars is a historic project
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM: BTK is an important element of East-West transport corridor
- 30.10.2017Two freight trains sent off via BTK - UPDATED
- 30.10.2017Turkish president: Trains from London to Beijing will move directly
- 30.10.2017Kazakh PM: BTK project to create favorable conditions for transport of goods from China to Europe
- 30.10.2017BTK to change existing economic realities – Georgian PM
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: Some had doubts about successful completion of BTK
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani president: BTK is the shortest and most reliable route connecting Europe with Asia
- 30.10.2017Ambassador: Central Asia to get access to Europe through BTK
- 30.10.2017Erdogan: We’re declaring establishment of direct railroad connection from London to China by sending first train via BTK
- 30.10.2017BTK inauguration is a historic event – Novruz Mammadov
- 30.10.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line going to be launched today
- 27.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.4M for road construction in Aghdam
- 27.10.2017Buta Airways holds presentation in Saint Petersburg
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 15M for providing consumers with water meters
- 26.10.2017Ambassador: Freightage via railroad between Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan increased by 146%
- 26.10.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan to provide 40 electric locomotives for Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017TeliaSonera to leave Azerbaijani market by year-end
- 26.10.2017Buta Airways changes terminal of departure flights from Baku
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.7M for road construction in Goranboy
- 25.10.2017Gilan Holding successfully participates in WorldBuild Baku 2017
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 2.1M for reconstruction of water supply in Lankaran
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijan to construct road connecting External Circular Highway with Abbas Mirze Sharifzade Street
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 05.05.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves over 1 million passengers since beginning of year
- 08.05.2017Transportations through TRACECA increase 11%
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman