TransCaspian-2017 exhibition kicks off in Baku
The 16th Caspian International Transport, Transit and Logistics exhibition “TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017” has kicked off at Baku Expo Center.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is one of the leading transport events in the Caspian region. The exhibition brings together key public transport authorities and commercial organizations engaged in the rail sector, maritime industry, aviation, commercial vehicles and transport & logistics services.
The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan. TRACECA,
Delivering speech in the event, Minister of Transport, Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade said that Azerbaijan, which plays a role of bridge between the east and the west, is known as a main partner in transit transportations: “Currently, largest sea port is being constructed in the Caspian and Free Trade Zone, to be created there, creates opportunities for capital investments in Azerbaijan”.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is part of a series of specialized transport and logistics exhibitions organized by ITE Group plc (UK), which includes TransRussia (Moscow), TransPoland (Warsaw), TransUzbekistan (Tashkent), TransUkraine (Kiev), and TransitKazakhstan (Almaty), a series of international BreakBulk exhibitions (Antwerp, Houston, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Kuala Lumpur) and others.
The leadership of the Republic of Azerbaijan pays special attention to the transport sector of the country. Currently, large-scale transport projects like the North-South, the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars are actively being implemented, which contributes to the transformation of Azerbaijan into the main link between Europe and Asia. The annual staging of a specialized exhibition also contributes to the further development of Azerbaijan as a transport hub.
This year, 88 companies from 14 countries, including Azerbaijan, Austria, Belarus, Lithuania, Russia, Turkey and others, are participating at the TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition. New companies comprise 30% of the total number of participants. Among this year’s debutants are the RTC Group of Companies, ASFIL, Minsk Car Repair Plant and others.
Along with commercial companies, the TransCaspian/Translogistica 2017 exhibition hosts state transport structures such as CJSC Azerbaijan Railways, Baku International Sea Trade Port, Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company, the State Maritime Administration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, “Ukrzaliznytsa” Ukrainian Railways and their subsidiaries, CJSC “Astrakhan Sea Port” and others.”
The exhibition displays a wide range of products and services that are related to the sphere of transport. “The Transport and Logistics sector provides cargo owners with optimal ways of transporting goods by rail and sea.
The Marine Industry sector provides models of multifunctional rescue vessels, boats and multi-purpose speed boats, as well as services for design, modernization and re-equipment of sea and river vehicles, engineering support for conversion and turnkey construction of pontoons, berths and marine yachts. The traditional Railway Infrastructure and Rolling Stock sector shows models of locomotives and wagons, services for repair and production of railway transport, products of auto-driving, fuel consumption registration and automatic start-function of diesel engines in locomotives and technological equipment for diagnostics also is demonstrated.”
Among the exhibition’s foreign VIP guests are Amir Amini, Deputy Minister of Road and Urban Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran; Victor Dovgan - Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine for European integration, Mehran Khamisizadeh - National Secretary of the IGC TRACECA in the Islamic Republic of Iran; and Secretary General of the PS IGC TRACECA, Mircea Chiopraga.
A business program is planned under the framework of the exhibition. On April 26, AVP Technology and OJCS RIRTCD will conduct a seminar on the theme “Advanced technology for locomotive facilities”. Rusagrotrans CJSC will hold a presentation on transportation of grain cargos from Russia to Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia and Turkey.
On the same site as TransCaspian/Translogistica will be two exhibitions in related sectors: the 7th Caspian International Road Infrastructure and Public Transport Road&Traffic 2017 exhibition and the 4th Caspian International Boat and Yacht CIBS 2017 Show. The main focus of the business program of exhibitions will take the form of B2B meetings; an additional business platform where participants and visitors can meet with each other and establish business connections. Local visiting companies and exhibitors will take part in these exchanges. B2B meetings will be held for the first time within the framework of the exhibitions and will present a unique opportunity for exhibitors to meet with colleagues at the same table and simultaneously hold negotiations with several key visitors. The B2B meetings will be held on April 27 at the Baku Expo Center from 10 a.m. to 13 p.m.
The TransCaspian/Translogistica exhibition is a unique opportunity to meet with the leaders and specialists of the state transport structures of Azerbaijan and other countries in the region, get acquainted with the prospective infrastructure projects, and also meet with cargo owners, heads of industrial enterprises, car fleet owners and other stakeholders from the core areas in order to establish new business contacts.
For professionals, the exhibition will be open from April 26 to 28, for students on April 28. At the exhibition there is a children's area, where children can be trusted by professionals from Agil and Bilgi, who will take children to useful and exciting activities. Among the partners Iteca Caspian in 2017, the tour operator "Premier Tour", the official hotel "Qafqaz Point Hotel" and "Hyatt Regency". The organizers of the exhibition are Iteca Caspian and its partner ITE Group.
Related news releases
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Enjoy millions of music pieces every day with AzercellPlusMusic
- 22.02.2018Baku-Guba-Russian border highway to be paid road
- 03.05.2017Azerbaijani oil price falls
- 05.05.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves over 1 million passengers since beginning of year
- 08.05.2017Transportations through TRACECA increase 11%
- 24.04.2017EIB to allocate €250M for road construction in Georgia
- 21.04.2017Musa Panahov continues to work as deputy minister of transport, communication and high technologies - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan building 245 high-rise buildings in Baku - committee chairman