Zagatala International Airport put into operation after reconstruction
Zagatala International Airport was officially put into operation after the capital reconstruction.
Reconstruction of Zagatala International Airport was carried out in accordance with President Ilham Aliyev’s instructions during his visit to Zagatala region.
A runway that allows to accept wide-body aircrafts was constructed in the territory of the airport, the apron was significantly expanded, modern navigation systems, meteorological and light-signal equipment were installed, and repair works were conducted at the airport building.
The event on the occasion of the opening of the airport after the reconstruction was attended by AZAL CJSC vice president Etibar Huseynov, Head of Zagatala region’s executive power Mubariz Ahmadzade, Director of Azvirt LLC Kamil Aliyev and others. On the opening day one of the largest passenger aircrafts of the world - Airbus A340-500 landed at the airport for the first time.
As a result of the construction works carried out by Azerbaijani company Azvirt, a runway with the length of 3000 meters and the width of 60 meters was constructed. The thickness of the road surface is 92 cm, including 37 cm of asphalt concrete. The new runway meets international requirements and will allow Zagatala International Airport to accept wide-body aircrafts.
At the same time, a mobile plant for preparation of asphalt-concrete construction material was installed for the construction works in the territory of the airport. In total, 121,000 tons of asphalt concrete were used for the reconstruction of the runway. The works were carried out on the territory of 166,000 square meters.
The new large and convenient apron of Zagatala International Airport with an area of 31,000 square meters allows to serve modern wide-body aircrafts, as well as to place several medium-haul aircrafts on it simultaneously. The state-of-the-art technologies were used in the process of reconstruction, which will significantly increase the quality of services for aircraft maintenance.
The new runway is equipped with modern navigation and multilateration systems, as well as meteorological and light-signal equipment. To ensure the operation of radio navigation systems and runway safety areas, more than 750,000 m3 of land work has been completed. In connection with the extension of the runway, new light-signal equipment is also installed, and a system of remote control of light-signal equipment is installed on the air traffic control tower. An additional fence of 5.5 km was built along the perimeter of the airport, as well as patrol roads were laid. In connection with the crossing of the territory with the river bed, a tunnel of 182 meters in length and 3х2 meters in size was built, which will prevent soil erosion in the territory of the airport. Due to the crossing of the airport territory with the river branch, to prevent erosion of the runway, a tunnel of 182 meters in length and 3х2 meters in size was built.
In connection with the damages as a result of the earthquake in 2012, repair works were held at the airport building, the heating and sewage systems were reconstructed. Car parking in front of the airport building is expanded by 1200 square meters and designed for 150 cars.
Test flights were carried out for testing landing systems, direction finders and light-signal systems at Zagatala International Airport, during which it was established that the equipment was in compliance with the current standards.
It should be noted that the commissioning of Zagatala Airport can be a great impetus for the development of tourism and freight turnover in the region.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2M for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Absheron district
- 19.03.2018AZN 22.3M allocated for construction of Goranboy Central Hospital
- 16.03.2018Fiber-optic internet, digital TV and mobile communication services in a single ‘Qutu’ package
- 16.03.2018Car and truck manufacture in Azerbaijan stops last month
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan’s mobile operators earn AZN 135.5M in two months
- 16.03.2018Number of unemployed population announced
- 16.03.2018Jankauskas: EU supports development of transport hub in Azerbaijan
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani population spend AZN 2.7B on food in January-February
- 15.03.2018Minister: Azerbaijan offers new transport corridor
- 14.03.2018AZN 7.5M allocated for construction of Guba Central Hospital
- 14.03.2018Malaysian ambassador: Malaysia regards Azerbaijan as an important partner in the Caucasus region
- 13.03.2018New season of Brain Ring intellectual games kicks off with support of Nar
- 13.03.2018Mammadyarov: We’d like to see how EU provides practical support to Azerbaijan and its trade corridors
- 13.03.2018Minister: Our goal is to introduce Azerbaijan as new logistics junction
- 12.03.2018Passenger traffic of Heydar Aliyev International Airport exceeds half a million in first two months
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for development of education infrastructure in some districts
- 09.03.2018® Bakcell supports “Arts, crafts and business” exhibition
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on Baku suburban railway construction
- 07.03.2018Baku Shopping Festival to start on May 1 this year
- 07.03.2018“AzerTelecom” attends Mobile World Congress
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of administrative building of Baku City Statistical Department
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves funding for construction of ASAN Hayat complex in Imishli
- 06.03.2018Nar receives “Most active employer” award
- 05.03.2018President signs order on development of bee-keeping
- 05.03.2018AZN 100M allocated for gasification of settlements in Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018Bakcell participates at 6th Career Fair organized by ADA University
- 03.03.2018Azercell launches 2nd Exclusive Shop in Guba
- 02.03.2018Abu Dhabi-Baku-Abu Dhabi flight launched
- 01.03.2018AZN 6.1M allocated for construction of Naftalan Central Hospital
- 01.03.2018Nar plans to increase the number of base stations by 25% in 2018
- 28.02.2018AZN 2M allocated for construction of carpet weaving workshop in Shabran
- 28.02.2018Get your holiday treat from Bakcell: An unprecedented Novruz campaign!
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3M for roof replacement in Mingachevir
- 27.02.201826km-long stretch of Mingachevir-Bahramtapa highway opened
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of two yarn production plants in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches water supply system in Mingachevir
- 27.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches newly-renovated Mingachevir Hydroelectric Power Station
- 26.02.2018Barama acts as main partner at “Startup for the Future” project
- 23.02.2018Bakcell brings together the graduates and new participants of “AppLab”
- 23.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Boeing delegation - UPDATED
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president views works done in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 7M to Sumgayit
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijan announces non-working days for 2018
- 14.12.2017Azerbaijan increases gold production by 3.2-fold
- 13.12.2017Heydar Aliyev International Airport serves 25 percent more passengers
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 5.83M for reconstruction of water supply in Zire, Turkan and Pirallahi settlements