Closing ceremony of Sea Cup 2017 held in Baku
The closing ceremony of in the Sea Cup 2017 international contest has been held at the Training and Education Center of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan.
The closing ceremony began with a musical programme, after which the flags were brought of the countries that participated in the Victory Cup and the Sea Cup 2017. Then the names of the Sea Cup 2017 winners were announced.
The crews of the G-124 patrol ship of the Azerbaijan Naval Forces and the small rocket ship "Grad Sviyazhsk" of the Russian Navy, having scored 246 points in the overall standings, were announced winners of the contest.
With 234 points in the overall standings, the crew of the missile boat "Joshan" of the Iranian Naval Forces took the second place. The crew of the rocket and artillery ship "Sariarka" of the Kazakhstan Naval Forces, having scored 227 points, took the third place.
The winners were presented cups and medals by Azerbaijani Deputy Minister of Defense, Lieutenant General Kerim Veliyev and Deputy Defense Minister of Russia, Lieutenant General Alexander Fomin.
After six months of being kept in Azerbaijan, the “Victory Cup” will be presented to Russia. Moreover, the Russian team will be given a modern boat as a reward.
Deputy Defense Minister K.Valiyev said that the contest was held transparently.
He also noted that the Azerbaijani side has created all conditions for holding the contests at a high level.
The deputy minister declared the international contest "Sea Cup-2017" closed.
Related news releases
- 23.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.01.2018Serviceman of the Azerbaijani Army died as a result of disastrous occurrence
- 20.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.01.2018New law on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan enters into force
- 19.01.2018Russia delivers modern military equipment to Azerbaijan - VIDEO
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani serviceman martyred in shootout with Armenian army
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to start manufacturing 136 more types of defense products
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan plans to commission two more military factors
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan launches serial production of F-1 hand grenades
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan doubles exports of defense products
- 19.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.01.2018Armenia attempts blame for its non-combat losses on Azerbaijan – Defense Ministry
- 18.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 17.01.2018Next meeting of Azerbaijani-Pakistani working groups kicks off in Baku
- 17.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.01.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 16.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 15.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 15.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani Army to strengthen further, President Aliyev says - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan increases peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan
- 09.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds consultation
- 06.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2018Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, Military Prosecutor’s Office sign joint action plan
- 05.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund jump up
- 04.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times
- 30.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijani defense minister checks combat capability of armored vehicles on frontline
- 27.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 11.08.2017Zakir Hasanov departs for Moscow on a visit
- 12.08.2017Russian warships leave Baku port
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijan and Russia intend to develop military-technical cooperation
- 11.08.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 124 times
- 10.08.2017"Sea Cup-2017" international contest’s winners determined
- 10.08.2017General: Armenia’s intention to compensate its defeats on frontline in virtual space is failure