Defense Minister: Enemy will feel Azerbaijani army’s strength if Karabakh conflict is not resolved fairly
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov on Saturday chaired an expanded meeting attended by the deputy defense ministers, commanders of the branches of troops, chiefs of the main departments, departments and services of the ministry, as well as commanders of the army formations.
Commanders of military formation stationed in the frontline zone and other responsible officers also joined the meeting via video communication, the Defense Ministry told APA.
Minister Hasanov once again congratulated the military personnel on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan. He praised the training of the military personnel and aviation units involved in the military parade in Baku on June 26.
Hasanov said highly-ranking military delegations that arrived in Azerbaijan from various countries to participate in anniversary celebrations highly appreciated the holding of the military parade.
Hailing Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s care and attention to the Armed Forces, the minister emphasized that the anniversary celebrations held at a high level once again demonstrated to the whole world the country’s military power and the combat capabilities of the Azerbaijani Army.
The defense minister touched upon the current situation on the frontline and stressed the importance of paying particular attention to improving the combat readiness of military personnel.
Citing the remarks voiced by Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev that the Azerbaijani people will never accept the occupation of their lands, Hasanov said: “Delaying the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict leads to its escalation on a broader scale. The conflict must be resolved fairly and in accordance with international law as soon as possible. Otherwise, the enemy will feel the will, patriotism and strength of the Azerbaijani army.”
Hasanov also referred to the large-scale military exercises to be held in the frontline zone on July 2-6.
The defense minister gave appropriate instructions to relevant officials regarding the upcoming drills.
He noted that during the exercises the main attention should be focused on the use of troops and the performance of combat missions under various scenarios for the liberation of the occupied territories, including the practical application of the most modern weapons and military equipment designed to destroy all enemy’s military infrastructure.
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani servicemen to participate in Tank Biathlon competition
- 20.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister orders to strengthen security in military units after provocation in Ganja
- 13.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 12.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 97 times
- 10.07.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers leave for Afghanistan
- 09.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire 83 times
- 06.07.2018Road accident in Nakhchivan kills 3 servicemen, 11 injured
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister chairs meeting on results of large-scale exercises
- 06.07.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 04.07.2018Live-fire stage of military exercises underway
- 04.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting in field conditions
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Regrouping of combat aircraft carried out
- 03.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 84 times
- 29.06.2018Rules of admission to military lyceums in Azerbaijan changed
- 28.06.2018No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia border
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijani army under special regime due to high weather temperature
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan army to hold large-scale exercises
- 28.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 27.06.2018MoD: Azerbaijani army’s counteroffensive in Nakhchivan direction left Armenians ‘knocked out’
- 27.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 27.06.2018Polad Bulbuloglu: "Azerbaijan has every opportunity to resolve the Karabakh conflict by armed means"
- 26.06.2018Georgian defense minister: Georgia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS responds to Iranian border guard commander’s statement
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Day will come when Azerbaijani flag raised on liberated lands is showcased in military parade on Azadlig Square
- 26.06.2018"Solo Turk" & "Turkish Stars" aviation groups conduct demonstration flights over Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijan marks centenary of Armed Forces - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan destroyed myth of Armenian army
- 26.06.2018Solemn military parade held in Baku to mark centenary of Azerbaijani Armed Forces - UPDATED-1
- 26.06.2018President Aliyev: Nakhchivan operation held with high professionalism
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani president: Only the first stage war is over
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: ADR’s losing independence shows protection of sovereignty is ‘much more difficult than gaining it’
- 02.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises - VIDEO
- 02.07.2018Troops involved in military drills moving to operational areas: Azerbaijani MoD - VİDEO
- 29.06.2018Commemorative event held in Azerbaijan’s Aghstafa to honor martyr Adil Tatarov
- 29.06.2018Naval mine discovered in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan