Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan destroyed myth of Armenian army
Azerbaijan destroyed the myth of the Armenian army, said Azerbaijan’s President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani army is provided with the most advanced weapons and military equipment, said the head of state addressing the military parade on the Azadlig Square in Baku on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan's Armed Forces, APA reports.
President Aliyev noted that modern equipment and various types of weapons are produced in Azerbaijan.
“We purchased military patrol ships, air defense systems, dozens of combat aircraft, more than a hundred military transport helicopters, the most advanced reconnaissance and combat unmanned aerial vehicles, artillery systems, long-range missiles, rocket launcher systems, operational and tactical missile systems. All this increases our military power. We are doing all this so that the army of Azerbaijan will become even stronger,” he said.
The head of state stressed that the events taking place in the world show the ineffectiveness of international law.
“If it worked, the occupied Azerbaijani lands would be liberated. There is no mechanism for decisions of international organizations to be fulfilled. For this reason, we are pursuing such a policy, and this is the right policy. Having established effective ties with friendly countries, we acquired the most advanced weapons. Azerbaijan will continue to acquire the most advanced types of weapons and equipment. To achieve this goal, we have the necessary ties with friendly countries and financial resources,” he added.
President Aliyev hailed high patriotism among the Azerbaijani army.
“The Azerbaijani army has a high combat ability. Two years ago, Armenia committed an armed provocation against the Azerbaijani people. Both military servicemen and civilians were killed. The Azerbaijani army gave an adequate response to the aggressor and liberated parts of Aghdere, Fuzuli and Jabrayil districts as a result of the successful counteroffensive. The Azerbaijani army regained the control over thousands of hectares of lands as a result of the successful counteroffensive. The Azerbaijani flag is waving in Leletepe, Aghdere mounts,” he said.
The April battles are a glorious victory of the Azerbaijani army, the head of state stressed.
“Our army, soldiers showed true heroism. The April battles once again showed that the Azerbaijani people will never accept the occupation of their lands,” he said.
The head of state emphasized that Azerbaijan totally destroyed the myth of the Armenian army. “Within a few days we completely destroyed the defensive line which they had created over the years,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani servicemen to participate in Tank Biathlon competition
- 20.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister orders to strengthen security in military units after provocation in Ganja
- 13.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 12.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 97 times
- 10.07.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers leave for Afghanistan
- 09.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire 83 times
- 06.07.2018Road accident in Nakhchivan kills 3 servicemen, 11 injured
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister chairs meeting on results of large-scale exercises
- 06.07.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 04.07.2018Live-fire stage of military exercises underway
- 04.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting in field conditions
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Regrouping of combat aircraft carried out
- 03.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 84 times
- 02.07.2018Troops involved in military drills moving to operational areas: Azerbaijani MoD - VİDEO
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises - VIDEO
- 02.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Defense Minister: Enemy will feel Azerbaijani army’s strength if Karabakh conflict is not resolved fairly
- 29.06.2018Commemorative event held in Azerbaijan’s Aghstafa to honor martyr Adil Tatarov
- 29.06.2018Naval mine discovered in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Rules of admission to military lyceums in Azerbaijan changed
- 28.06.2018No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia border
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijani army under special regime due to high weather temperature
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan army to hold large-scale exercises
- 28.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 27.06.2018MoD: Azerbaijani army’s counteroffensive in Nakhchivan direction left Armenians ‘knocked out’
- 27.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 27.06.2018Polad Bulbuloglu: "Azerbaijan has every opportunity to resolve the Karabakh conflict by armed means"
- 26.06.2018Georgian defense minister: Georgia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS responds to Iranian border guard commander’s statement
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: ADR’s losing independence shows protection of sovereignty is ‘much more difficult than gaining it’
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijan marks centenary of Armed Forces - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018"Solo Turk" & "Turkish Stars" aviation groups conduct demonstration flights over Baku - PHOTOSESSION
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Day will come when Azerbaijani flag raised on liberated lands is showcased in military parade on Azadlig Square
- 26.06.2018Solemn military parade held in Baku to mark centenary of Azerbaijani Armed Forces - UPDATED-1
- 26.06.2018President Aliyev: Nakhchivan operation held with high professionalism
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani president: Only the first stage war is over