Azerbaijani president: Only the first stage war is over
The war has not ended yet, only the first stage of war is over, said Azerbaijan’s President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev.
In 1993, Armenia, taking advantage of the incompetence of the AFP-Musavat authority, occupied Azerbaijani lands, said the president addressing the military parade on the Azadlig Square in Baku on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Azerbaijani Armed Forces, APA reports.
“According to international law, Nagorno-Karabakh is the land of Azerbaijan. The United Nations and other international organizations have adopted many decisions and resolutions in this regard. UN Security Council’s four resolutions demand an immediate and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian armed forces from the occupied Azerbaijani territories. These resolutions still remain in force,” the head of state said.
President Aliyev recalled that an act of genocide was committed against the Azerbaijani population in the town of Khojaly.
“More than 600 old men, children and women were killed and 1,000 others went missing in the wake of the Khojaly genocide,” he said, adding that ten countries have officially recognized the Khojaly genocide.
Azerbaijan will never accept the occupation of its territories and will restore its territorial integrity, the Supreme Commander-in-Chief stressed.
“We had to build a strong army and we did it. Today, the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strongest armies. A strong economy is needed for the establishment of a strong army,” he said. “Azerbaijan’s economy has grown by 3.2 times over the past 15 years. We live at our own expense and don’t receive aid from anyone. We direct the funds acquired to the fulfillment of the tasks ahead. Army building is among our priorities. Military expenditures have increased by 15 times since 2003.”
The head of state said that tens of military towns have been built in the country in recent years.
“Eighty percent of military towns have been rebuilt and repaired. All military towns in the country will be repaired in the coming years. Our servicemen’s housing problems are solved. More than 20,000 civilians are currently employed in military units,” President Aliyev added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani servicemen to participate in Tank Biathlon competition
- 20.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister orders to strengthen security in military units after provocation in Ganja
- 13.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 12.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 97 times
- 10.07.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers leave for Afghanistan
- 09.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire 83 times
- 06.07.2018Road accident in Nakhchivan kills 3 servicemen, 11 injured
- 06.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister chairs meeting on results of large-scale exercises
- 06.07.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 90 times
- 04.07.2018Live-fire stage of military exercises underway
- 04.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister holds meeting in field conditions
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani MoD: Regrouping of combat aircraft carried out
- 03.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 84 times
- 02.07.2018Troops involved in military drills moving to operational areas: Azerbaijani MoD - VİDEO
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan army starts large-scale exercises - VIDEO
- 02.07.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Defense Minister: Enemy will feel Azerbaijani army’s strength if Karabakh conflict is not resolved fairly
- 29.06.2018Commemorative event held in Azerbaijan’s Aghstafa to honor martyr Adil Tatarov
- 29.06.2018Naval mine discovered in Azerbaijani sector of Caspian Sea
- 29.06.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Rules of admission to military lyceums in Azerbaijan changed
- 28.06.2018No incident during OSCE monitoring on Azerbaijan-Armenia border
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijani army under special regime due to high weather temperature
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan army to hold large-scale exercises
- 28.06.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2018OSCE to monitor border of Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 27.06.2018MoD: Azerbaijani army’s counteroffensive in Nakhchivan direction left Armenians ‘knocked out’
- 27.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 27.06.2018Polad Bulbuloglu: "Azerbaijan has every opportunity to resolve the Karabakh conflict by armed means"
- 26.06.2018Georgian defense minister: Georgia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijani SBS responds to Iranian border guard commander’s statement
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Day will come when Azerbaijani flag raised on liberated lands is showcased in military parade on Azadlig Square
- 26.06.2018President Aliyev: Nakhchivan operation held with high professionalism
- 26.06.2018Solemn military parade held in Baku to mark centenary of Azerbaijani Armed Forces - UPDATED-1
- 26.06.2018Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan destroyed myth of Armenian army
- 26.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: ADR’s losing independence shows protection of sovereignty is ‘much more difficult than gaining it’
- 26.06.2018Azerbaijan marks 100th anniversary of Armed Forces
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan to show off military power at June 26 parade