Ramaldanov: Armenia has just been given ‘Kornet-E’ missile complexes, while Azerbaijan has had them for 10 years
"Armenia’s acquisition of Russian “Cornet-E” anti-tank missile complexes can not have any impact on the military balance in the region, military expert, retired colonel Shair Ramaldanov said commenting on Armenian media reports about the country’s purchase of "Kornet-E" anti-tank missile complexes.
According to him, this information itself is nothing new.
"By periodically spreading such information as new information, the Armenian side attempts to cover—and kind of justify—the illegal activities of their corrupted military leadership.
In the summer of 2015, a $ 200 million military loan from Russia has not yet been fully provided to Armenia. By taking such military loans, the Armenian government is only further worsening the economic crisis the country is going through, and as a result, the country’s industrial enterprises become dependent on Russia in order to get out of the situation.
It is interesting to note that every time the Azerbaijani army is reported to have bought new weapons, Armenian media also disseminate similar reports.
“Kornet-E” anti-tank missile complexes, produced in the 80s-90s of the last century, are now at the disposal of the Armenian Armed Forces but the Azerbaijan Armed Forces already had this type of weaponry 10 years ago and have repeatedly used them during exercises. I would even say that there are new modifications of this generation of weapons in the Azerbaijan Armed Forces. Our weapons are of superior quality and in larger quantities. From this point of view, “Kornet-E” complexes in Armenia are unlikely to have any influence on the region’s balance of power.
Under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, a large amount of funds are being allocated to the Armed Forces today. Azerbaijan receives precision-guided and destructive weapons and ammunition, military equipment and combat vehicles from various states with extensive experience in the field of military industry. It is this factor that keeps the occupier state in fear. The enemy understands very well that sooner or later they will have to leave our lands. The sooner this happens, the more will it benefit the Armenian state and people," said Ramaldanov.
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan, UK ink military cooperation plan
- 16.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 123
- 15.02.2018Five artillery shells detected in Sumgayit
- 15.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 129 times
- 13.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018NATO training course underway in Baku
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents another border provocation by Armenia - VIDEO
- 12.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018Tasks set by Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief brought to attention of army’s command staff
- 10.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 09.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to develop cooperation in defense industry
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s military policy has proved successful
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan accepts into armament new military equipment delivered by Russia
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani army prevents Armenian provocation, one enemy soldier killed
- 08.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan's rocket and artillery formations conduct live-fire exercises - VIDEO
- 07.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia mull prospects for development of military co-op
- 02.02.2018Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov, Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk mull situation on contact line of troops
- 02.02.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.02.2018Assets of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund revealed
- 01.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijan revises bill on status of military servicemen
- 31.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 30.01.2018Azerbaijani army gaining strength day by day – deputy minister
- 29.01.2018Mountain exercise for Azerbaijani servicemen underway in Georgia
- 29.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 26.01.2018Group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers return from Afghanistan
- 26.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.01.2018Azerbaijan denies Armenian reports on military losses
- 25.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijan says Armenian reports on construction of buildings in Talish village intended for domestic audience
- 24.01.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 24.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.01.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.01.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.01.2018Serviceman of the Azerbaijani Army died as a result of disastrous occurrence
- 05.02.2018Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to visit Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 05.02.2018OSCE to monitor contact line between Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 05.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times