Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
There are serious facts proving that a smear campaign recently launched against Azerbaijan is supported by the Armenian lobby, said Nazim Ibrahimov, Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Diaspora.
Speaking to an APA correspondent within the framework of the session of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis in Kiev, Ibrahimov noted that the rapid development and independent domestic and foreign policies of Azerbaijan which is a legal, democratic state began to seriously disturb certain forces.
According to him, a united center-driven network has been formed against Azerbaijan in Europe and some other countries. “They serve as an impetus to information warfare against Azerbaijan. They structures are backed by the Armenian lobby,” he said.
He stressed that these forces are trying to discredit the reputation of Azerbaijan, using all methods.
“This is a struggle directed against the Azerbaijani state. They intend to damage Azerbaijan, which President Ilham Aliyev strengthened. At one time, the national leader Heydar Aliyev saved Azerbaijan from the split and created a single state. Today, President Ilham Aliyev continues this policy, which irritates these forces. They are looking for gaps. As there was a gap in some regional countries and they took advantage of it. As a result, these countries suffered heavy losses, we witnessed this,” he added.
According to him, there are also material interests behind the publication of articles by pro-Armenian authors in order to ensure the dissemination of unilateral and biased information about Azerbaijan. “In this regard, the slander against the Azerbaijani state on the part of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project and the Guardian Newspaper is nothing but blackmail. It should be noted that, undoubtedly, publications that spread such a lie for the sake of material gain, are capable of doing the same in relation to their own countries,” said Ibrahimov.
The committee chairman underlined that the implementation of a number of global projects by Azerbaijan is of concern to some circles.
Ibrahimov urged world Azerbaijanis to be even more active in this issue and unite more strongly in the name of Azerbaijani statehood.
Related news releases
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 18.05.2017Photo exhibition devoted to 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic opens in Paris
- 17.05.2017MP: Certain circles in Russia do not want to take Azerbaijan’s interests into account
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan says VAK liquidation contrary to its strategic partnership relations with Russia
- 15.05.2017Russian Supreme Court liquidates registration of "All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress"
- 15.05.2017Ukrainian court: Claim that Dnipro assailants’ leader is an Azerbaijani can only be verified through investigated
- 12.05.2017Anti-Azerbaijani groups in Russia trying hard to liquidate AAC: State Committee
- 12.05.2017Russian court may decide on liquidation of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress on May 15
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians