President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian ambassador - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Serbia to the country Nebojša Rodić.
Nebojsa Rodic presented Serbia's highest state order to President Ilham Aliyev for his contribution to the development and strengthening of Azerbaijan-Serbia friendly relations and cooperation, which was conferred upon him in 2013.
On behalf of Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, the ambassador congratulated the head of state on his being awarded Serbia's highest state order.
President Ilham Aliyev said he highly appreciates the fact that he was awarded the highest state order of Serbia, and asked the ambassador to extend his gratitude to the Serbian President for the congratulations.
The head of state recalled with pleasure the visit of Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic to Azerbaijan and their meeting in Baku.
President Ilham Aliyev also asked the ambassador to extend his congratulations to Aleksandar Vucic on the occasion of his victory in recent presidential elections. President Ilham Aliyev invited Aleksandar Vucic to pay an official visit to Azerbaijan.
Ambassador Nebojsa Rodic said that his country is looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev's visit to Serbia.
The Serbian ambassador noted that during his tenure in Azerbaijan he was deeply impressed by the development processes in all parts of the country.
They hailed the successful development of bilateral relations between the two countries. Azerbaijan's work to modernize road infrastructure in Serbia was praised at the meeting.
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 19.09.2017Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal of All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 13.09.2017Ilhan Akuzum awarded ‘Friendship Order’
- 13.09.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: Smear campaign against Azerbaijan supported by Armenian lobby
- 12.09.2017Verkhovna Rada hosts meeting of reps of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe
- 07.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev bestows Friendship Order upon Mammadali Aghayev
- 31.08.2017Poignant peaceful protest infuriates Armenians
- 21.08.2017Nazim Ibrahimov: VAK liquidation causes discontent among Azerbaijanis in Russia
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 13.07.2017German MP makes statement on killing of two-year-old Azerbaijani girl due to Armenian shelling
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani students hold protests in European countries
- 10.07.2017Karabakh tragedy brought to the steps of Armenian Embassy in London
- 08.07.2017Azerbaijanis protest outside UN headquarters against Armenian atrocities in Alkhanli
- 28.06.2017All-Russian Azerbaijan Congress’s appeal to be considered in September
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No politicians in US administration to deal with Karabakh conflict resolution
- 16.06.2017The All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress filed an appeal against the decision of the Russian Supreme Court
- 23.05.2017Russian State Social University expresses concern over VAK liquidation
- 22.05.2017Armenians planning another anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia
- 18.05.2017'Ali and Nino' screened in Luxembourg
- 28.12.2016New president elected to All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress
- 28.12.2016Ukrainian police suspend search for ‘Azov’ raiders, Azerbaijani businessmen say
- 28.12.2016Fazil Gurbanov: Expansion of ties with All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress offices in provinces is a priority
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress is of special importance
- 22.12.2016DVD set of Azerbaijan films released in Los Angeles
- 19.12.2016Nazarbayev awards Azerbaijani MP of Kazakh parliament