The European Azerbaijanis presented appeal in the Parliament of Finland in connection with Khojaly
Leaders of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe in the capital of Finland Helsinki launched various events and meetings with local officials, APA reports.
The events were organized by the Congress of Azerbaijanis of Europe (KAE). Within the framework of the events, today in the Parliament of Finland, at the meeting of the Finnish-Azerbaijani Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group, an appeal to the parliament was presented with a call to give a legal assessment of the Khojaly genocide.
At the meeting attended MEP Eero Lehtinen, KAE President Sahil Gasimov, the members of the KAE Executive Committee, the co-chairs of the Finland-Azerbaijan Association Vasif Muradli, Arzu Muradli, the head of the Azerbaijani House of Azerbaijan Mirvari Fataliyev, the head of the Azerbaijani Diaspora of Sweden Nadir Hollenbrand, the vice presidents of KAE, Chairman of the United Congress of Azerbaijanis of Ukraine, President of the Assembly of Nationalities of Ukraine, Rovshan Tagiyev, from Germany Yashar Niftaliyev, Chairman of the Society of Denmark-Azerbaijan Safar Sadigi, head of the Azerbaijani-Turkish youth organization of Finland Ulviya Jabbarova, chairman of the Sweden-Azerbaijan Society Arzu Aliyeva, head of the Friendship Society of Finland-Azerbaijan Tarana Nazarova and others.
The appeal contains information on the genocide committed by Armenian militants against the Azerbaijani civilians on the night of February 26, 1992 in Khojaly, on the recognition of genocide by parliaments of several countries. It was also noted that, despite the expiration of 26 years, the perpetrators of the tragedy still go unpunished.
At the meeting, Sahil Gasimov told the Finnish deputies the reasons for the Khojaly genocide, informed parliamentarians about the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding areas occupied by the Armenians, noting that international organizations demonstrate a policy of double standards in the issue of settlement of the issue.
Rovgan Tagiyev noted in his speech that from the former USSR countries Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia have suffered from separatism for many years, urging Finland to demonstrate its position on this issue.
S.Gasimov, in conclusion, noted that KAE together with the State Commission for Work with the Diaspora gave start to events and meetings with various local organizations and officials of European countries. He noted the significant activation of Azerbaijanis in the social and political life of Europe.
- 21.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets elected officials of California
- 18.05.2018Armenian lobby attempts to prevent event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multifaith harmony and tolerance in San Francisco
- 11.05.2018U.S.-based Azerbaijani diaspora responds to Helsinki Commission statement on April 11 presidential election
- 10.05.2018New book on Azerbaijan published in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2018Staff changes expected at Azerbaijan's State Committee for Work with Diaspora
- 07.05.2018Representatives of Azerbaijani diaspora organizations in Europe hold meeting in OSCE ODIHR
- 07.05.2018Fuad Muradov: Some marginalized groups try to destabilize situation in Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora addresses Azerbaijanis around the world
- 24.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev criticizes activity of State Committee on Work with Diaspora
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish youth march in Tbilisi to protest against “Armenian genocide” rally
- 23.04.2018New chairman of State Committee on Work with Diaspora appointed
- 20.04.2018European Azerbaijanis appeal to international organizations over Armenian provocations
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Berlin
- 10.04.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic marked in NYC
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijanis hold solidarity rally in Brussels in connection with presidential election
- 03.04.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Backers of anti-Azerbaijani group are well-known - INTERVIEW
- 26.03.2018"Quiet March" on Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Netherlands
- 14.03.2018Sahil Gasimov: CEA has turned into robust political organization on a global level
- 02.03.2018Mauritius president to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Macedonian president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 28.02.2018Turkish PM, FM to visit Azerbaijan in mid-March
- 27.02.2018A panel discussion on the theme "Azerbaijani Diaspora and Azerbaijani Media" held in Amsterdam
- 27.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Armenians building state on Azerbaijan’s ancestral lands with support foreign backers
- 19.01.2018Black January martyrs commemorated in UK Parliament
- 06.01.2018Azerbaijani businessman goes missing in Ukraine
- 01.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan has its say in global politics – State Committee
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some people ‘Order of Friendship’
- 27.12.2017Number of deputy chairpersons of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora increased
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani embassy in Netherlands holds event on Solidarity Day
- 11.12.2017Azerbaijanis in Russia support Putin’s candidacy for post of president
- 28.11.2017Russia's Justice Ministry excludes ARAC from Unified State Register of Legal Entities
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest rally outside European Parliament
- 24.11.2017New Azerbaijani diaspora organization to be created in Russia in stead of closed VAK - EXCLUSIVE
- 20.11.2017Brussels hosts int’l forum on separatism threats to peace, security
- 02.11.2017Fazil Gurbanov: In case of negative decision, we eye to create new organization in place of ARAC - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress submits complaint to Presidium of Russian Supreme Court against decision on its liquidation
- 23.10.2017Brussels to host int’l forum on separatism
- 05.10.2017Estonia’s ex-minister of Azerbaijani descent to run for mayor of Narva
- 22.09.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Paris int’l festival
- 15.02.2018Albanian president due in Azerbaijan
- 27.02.2018Mass events planned to be held in Europe to mark centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.02.2018Congress of European Azerbaijanis holding session in Amsterdam
- 08.02.2018'Congress of Russian Azerbaijanis': New diaspora organization to be created in place of ARAC
- 01.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3 - EXCLUSIVE
- 27.01.2018Office of Azerbaijani Diaspora organization attacked in the Netherlands