Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
The Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan has issued a release on the elimination of the consequences of the accident at the Mingachevir Thermal Power Station (TPS), a crime incident committed in the city of Ganja and some opposition forces’ deliberate attempts to take advantage of the situation. AZERTAC presents the release.
The electricity supply to a large part of the territory of the republic, including the Absheron Peninsula and the city of Baku was interrupted due to an accident at a voltage transformer at one of the substations of Azerbaijan Thermal Power Station LLC in Mingachevir on July 3, 2018.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev immediately took control of the situation, gave instructions to appropriate government bodies to eliminate the consequences of the accident in the shortest time space, and set up a State Commission in connection with the accident.
Strategically important facilities – including security, fuel and energy, transport and communications, military ones, provision of population, etc. – that could be negatively affected by power cuts were immediately taken under serious control and their management was organized. As a result of serious measures, all the negative cases that could have been forecast, and, most importantly, human casualties were prevented.
The government bodies are currently taking the necessary measures to eliminate the consequences of the accident and prevent a repetition of such cases in the future, the population is being regularly informed of the progress of the work.
Unfortunately, while the population was concerned about the elimination of the consequences of the accident at the Mingachevir TPS, a crime was committed in the city of Ganja. Head of Ganja City Executive Authority Elmar Valiyev and his body guard Gasim Ashbazov received various injuries and were hospitalized as they were attacked by an unknown armed person.
The issue was immediately reported to the President of Azerbaijan and the relevant instructions were received, the person who committed the crime was detained and prosecuted.
As can be seen, the Azerbaijani government is capable of ensuring – under any circumstances, including in emergency situations – security of the country and population and the normal rhythm of the society’s life. The work done in the wake of the incident gives a firm reason to say that with any certainty.
It should be noted that the mass media have been efficiently and objectively informing the society of the causes of the accident at the Mingachevir Thermal Power Station and the work carried out by the government bodies to eliminate the accident, and acting extremely carefully and responsibly while fulfilling their duties not to let the situation cause a stir among the population.
Unfortunately, some opposition circles – through news websites and social networks they control – have sought to take advantage of the accident at the Mingachevir Thermal Power Station and an armed attack on an official in Ganja region and tended to create a stir in society, cause mass dissatisfaction and disrupt stability in the country, acting contrary to the interests of the state and the nation. At the same time, a number of news websites, which consider themselves as independent, have joined this euphoria, presenting unchecked rumors as an accident and attempting to mislead citizens by spreading untrue information.
The necessary measures have been taken by the government bodies to eliminate the accident at the Mingachevir Thermal Power Station and the problems it caused in various areas, normal work activity was restored in all the spheres of the republic’s life in a short span of time.
The population has been regularly informed on the progress of the work and this will be continued in the upcoming period
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister