Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
Deputies of Azerbaijan’s Milli Majlis (parliament) will be stripped of their mandates for a gross violation of the rules of ethical conduct and the principle of exercise of the right to vote.
This is according to a proposed draft amendment to Article 175 (Adoption of a decision on deprivation of Azerbaijani MPs of their mandates), APA reported.
According to Paragraph 3 of Article 175, in case grounds specified in Articles 89.1.2, 89.1.4 and 89.1.5, as well as 89.1.6 and 89.1.7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan exist, a decision to strip a MP of his/her mandate shall be adopted by the Central Election Commission. The MP has the right to file a complaint to a relevant court against the decision of the CEC.
Paragraphs 6 and 7 of Article 89 is are as follows:
Paragraph 6: A deputy of the Azerbaijani Parliament looses his/her mandate in the case of violation of Part III of Article 93
Paragraph 7: A deputy of the Azerbaijani Parliament looses his/her mandate in the case of violation of rules of ethical conduct
The draft amendment will be tabled at tomorrow’s meeting of the parliamentary Committee on Legal Policy and State Building.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan