Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
"Sports is a healthy lifestyle. Sport brings up young people in the spirit of patriotism. Sports introduces countries world-wide. If we look at the list of countries with a high score in the Olympics, we see that the majority of them are developed countries. That is, sports in developed countries can be further developed. Azerbaijan is also a developing country", - President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev said at a meeting with representatives of the public of Agjabedi district and sportsmen of Agjabedi after acquaintance with the Olympic Sports Complex.
The Head of the State emphasized that establishing such a center in Aghjabadi shows that the government invests in the social sphere, sports, even in difficult economic times: "Sport is an integral part of our social life, which is a manifestation of our social policies."
President Ilham Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan has strong economy today and the government does not face any financial problem: "Therefore, additional measures will be taken in the field of socio-economic infrastructure this year and in the coming years".
Construction of rural roads in Agjabadi will be continued in the coming years. Several village road projects have been implemented and will be envisaged next year. Repair of multi-storey residential buildings is also on the agenda, additional funds will be allocated for the improvement works, and in a word, I am confident that the socioeconomic development of the region will be further ensured.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 10.06.2008Ogtay Asadov addresses summit of BSEC parliament speakers
- 10.06.2008Chicago Silk Road Opportunities conference demands Armenia to withdraw its forces from Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2008Youth Forum organized within the framework of international conference “Expanding the Role of Women in Cross-Cultural Dialogue” in Baku
- 09.06.2008Musavat Party has no unanimous position on the presidential elections
- 09.06.2008YAP members reach 450.000
- 09.06.2008Musavat Party decides to hold protest action before the Baku City Executive Power