Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
The Davos Economic Forum ranked Azerbaijan 35th in terms of its competitiveness in 2017, and Azerbaijan retains its leadership in the CIS area in this regard, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state pointed to an increase in Azerbaijan’s GDP, as well as in the non-oil sector in 2017.
“The non-oil sector grew by 3.6 percent while a 4.1 percent increase was recorded in the agricultural sphere last year. Azerbaijan’s currency reserves increased by $4.5 billion and reached $42 billion,” added President Aliyev.
The president also spoke about a number of important projects implemented last year.
He said that $14.6 billion was invested in Azerbaijan’s economy in 2017.
“Exports increased by 19 percent with a 24 percent growth in non-oil exports. Imports remained at a stable level, and this is a great achievement. Each country can be proud of such results,” said the president.
President Aliyev also noted that the development of districts has always been in the spotlight.
“Last year I visited more than 30 districts to check the fulfillment of the instructions given. Last year new enterprises were opened in the country’s districts and 221 thousands jobs were created, 177 thousand of which are permanent. In 2017 the unemployment rate in Azerbaijan was recorded 5 percent and the poverty rate amounted to 5 percent, which is one of the best results in the word,” he added.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 02.04.2008OSCE Chairman resigns
- 02.04.2008Baku to host international conference on basic principles of solution to the conflicts in GUAM member countries
- 02.04.2008CEC Representative to observe presidential elections in Montenegro
- 01.04.2008PACE Monitoring Committee to discuss issue on Azerbaijan in April
- 01.04.2008Kristiina Ojuland: “I see great cooperation prospects with Azerbaijan in the field of information and communication technologies”
- 01.04.2008Vice-Speaker of Estonian Parliament: “We abstained in the vote in the UN, because our country followed the position of the European Union”