Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
On April 12, a grand concert was held in front of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku on the occasion of the victory of the current head of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev in the presidential elections, APA reports.
The event was attended by the president and members of his family. The head of state addressed the participants of the event.
President Ilham Aliyev, greeting the audience, thanked the voters for their support in the elections; "I always feel the support of the Azerbaijani people, I always rely on this support. The support of the Azerbaijani people plays an important role in my activities. I always try to serve the people with devotion and dignity. The Azerbaijani people made their choice yesterday, once again voted for our policy. Voted for stability, development, progress, independent policy. Azerbaijan, which conducts an independent policy, has reached unprecedented heights today. Our international authority is growing every day. Azerbaijan, on a global scale, deserves even greater respect, the domestic situation in the country is stable. The Azerbaijani people live in peace, prosperity, all freedoms are guaranteed."
The head of state noted that the presidential elections held in Azerbaijan once again showed that all freedoms are ensured in the country, Azerbaijan is successfully moving along the road of democracy.
"The open, transparent, fair elections held in the country reflect the will of the Azerbaijani people. The support given to me inspires me even more, gives me even more strength. Our people voted for the fulfilled real deeds, for future affairs, and also for a happy future. I am confident that our country will continue to develop successfully. Azerbaijan will continue to live under conditions of stability and security, "the President Ilham Aliyev noted.
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 12.04.2018Portuguese observer: Election results reflect will of Azerbaijani people
- 12.04.2018French observer hails high-level organization of election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Belgian observer: Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, no pressure on voters
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 3,962,123 people cast votes in April 11 election
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan Presidential Election: Voter turnout over 74%
- 12.04.2018CEC: Ilham Aliyev garners 86.03% of votes in presidential election
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, transparent: Finnish observer
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in line with int’l standards: Albanian observer
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador