CEC announces preliminary results of presidential election: Ilham Aliyev gains 86 percent of votes
The Central Election Commission (CEC) of Azerbaijan has announced preliminary results of the April 11 presidential election, with incumbent President Ilham Aliyev gaining 86% of the votes.
Speaking at a press conference on results of the voting, CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said the commission received protocols from 5201 polling stations.
“92 percent or 5,201 of 5,641 polling stations have presented their reports and 3,723,278 bulletins have been counted,” said Chairman of the Central Election Commission (CEC) Mazahir Panahov in an event dedicated to results of the presidential election
Head of the Central Election Commission Mezahir Penahov announced that 86 percent of voters cast ballots for Ilham Aliyev.
“Chairman of the Popular Front Party of Whole Azerbaijan Gudrat Hasanguliyev has garnered 3.04 percent of votes, self-nominee Zahid Oruj – 3.11 percent, Chairman of Azerbaijan Democratic Party Sardar Jalaloglu – 3.02 percent, Chairman of Modern Musavat Party Hafiz Hajiyev – 1.51 percent, Chairman of Azerbaijan Social Democratic Party Araz Alizada – 1.39 percent, Chairman of National Revival Movement Party Faraj Guliyev - 1.18 percent, Razi Nurullayev, nominated by Frontists Initiative Group – 0.75 percent,” he said.
The CEC head added that the exact results will be announced after receiving bulletins from some polling stations.
CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov has announced preliminary results of the presidential election in Azerbaijan, APA reports.
The preliminary results of the elections as follows:
Ilham Aliyev – 86,09 percent
Gudrat Hasanguliyev – 3,4 percent
Sardar Jalaloglu - 2,97 percent
Zahid Oruj - 3, 07 percent
Hafiz Hajiyev - 1,51 percent
Araz Alizade - 1,4 percent
Faraj Guliyev - 1,18 faiz
Razi Nurullayev 0, 74 percent
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 12.04.2018Portuguese observer: Election results reflect will of Azerbaijani people
- 12.04.2018Voting in Azerbaijan’s presidential election was well-organized: British MP
- 12.04.2018SCO: No law violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018CIS: No doubts about legitimacy of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: We will build a stronger Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Presidential nominee Zahid Oruj congratulated Ilham Aliyev on winning the presidential election
- 11.04.2018Italian MP: "The election process was organized flawlessly"