Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
A historical and documentary exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opened at the Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku on May 10.
Director of the Heydar Aliyev Center Anar Alakbarov said that the exhibition was dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev.
The exhibition, organized with support from the Azerbaijani and Russian presidential administrations and the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, features more than 300 exhibits, including photographs, documents and videos reflecting the life and activities of the national leader.
"This exhibition, dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev, is of great importance to us,” he added.
Vladimir Chernov, head of the Russian Presidential Directorate for Interregional Relations and Cultural Contacts with Foreign Countries read out Russian President Vladimir Putin’s message to participants of the exhibition.
“Heydar Aliyev was an outstanding statesman, true patriot. His political wisdom and foresight has proven itself in solving difficult issues, which earned him a high reputation both in Azerbaijan and in the world. Having led independent Azerbaijan during a difficult time, he became a true leader of his country. He always supported a friendly neighborly policy with Russia,” Putin’s message read.
“Heydar Aliyev ruled Azerbaijan during the most difficult period and managed to ensure sustainable development in the country. He had a special merit in strengthening of relations between Azerbaijan and Russia, currently characterized as strategic ties. During the years of independence, our states have managed to further strengthened bilateral ties,” President Aliyev said in his message.
Deputy Chairman of the Federal Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation Ilyas Umakhanov called Heydar Aliyev a legendary politician.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin noted that Azerbaijan is Russia’s strategic partner.
He said that Heydar Aliyev got Azerbaijan out of a difficult situation in the first years of independence.
“Peace was established after the signing of the Bishkek protocol. Economy began to develop. Heydar Aliyev passed away 15 years ago. But his ideas, policy live. President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev successfully continues Heydar Aliyev’s policy,” Karasin added.
Later, participants of the event toured the exhibition.
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 07.05.2018Prosecutor General's Office: Extradition of person inflicted injures to Supreme Rada MP to be considered
- 07.05.2018Sabuhi Shahverdiyev appointed prosecutor for Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 07.05.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani legislation allows NGOs to operate freely
- 07.05.2018Deputy PM comments on possible early parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Internal confrontation in Armenia to last long: Azerbaijan’s ruling party
- 07.05.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds event to mark 95th birth anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 04.05.2018Turkish cargo vessel, Greek warship collide in Aegean
- 04.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Economic development fully ensured in Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene special meeting
- 04.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Khizi district
- 04.05.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev: Salaries of MPs should be at least 8,000 manats
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijan’s national coordinator for combating human trafficking presenting annual report in parliament
- 04.05.2018Salaries of MPs, ombudsman and judges increased by 10% in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday