Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
A historical and documentary exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opened at the Heydar Aliyev Center in Baku on May 10.
Director of the Heydar Aliyev Center Anar Alakbarov said that the exhibition was dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev.
The exhibition, organized with support from the Azerbaijani and Russian presidential administrations and the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, features more than 300 exhibits, including photographs, documents and videos reflecting the life and activities of the national leader.
"This exhibition, dedicated to the 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev, is of great importance to us,” he added.
Vladimir Chernov, head of the Russian Presidential Directorate for Interregional Relations and Cultural Contacts with Foreign Countries read out Russian President Vladimir Putin’s message to participants of the exhibition.
“Heydar Aliyev was an outstanding statesman, true patriot. His political wisdom and foresight has proven itself in solving difficult issues, which earned him a high reputation both in Azerbaijan and in the world. Having led independent Azerbaijan during a difficult time, he became a true leader of his country. He always supported a friendly neighborly policy with Russia,” Putin’s message read.
“Heydar Aliyev ruled Azerbaijan during the most difficult period and managed to ensure sustainable development in the country. He had a special merit in strengthening of relations between Azerbaijan and Russia, currently characterized as strategic ties. During the years of independence, our states have managed to further strengthened bilateral ties,” President Aliyev said in his message.
Deputy Chairman of the Federal Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation Ilyas Umakhanov called Heydar Aliyev a legendary politician.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin noted that Azerbaijan is Russia’s strategic partner.
He said that Heydar Aliyev got Azerbaijan out of a difficult situation in the first years of independence.
“Peace was established after the signing of the Bishkek protocol. Economy began to develop. Heydar Aliyev passed away 15 years ago. But his ideas, policy live. President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev successfully continues Heydar Aliyev’s policy,” Karasin added.
Later, participants of the event toured the exhibition.
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday