Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan, and no country can develop while unstable, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of creation of the New Azerbaijan Party on Tuesday, APA reported.
“Today we see that there are no investments or social well-being in various parts of the world where stability is disturbed. Generally, such countries face a bitter fate. It is the people of Azerbaijan that guarantees our stability and it is the unity of the people and government that allows us to plan our long-term development strategy. As a result, Azerbaijan receives billions of dollars of foreign investment and the people of Azerbaijan live in relaxed, tranquil and secure conditions. That's why we should continue to work in a way so that Azerbaijan keeps on developing. I don’t doubt that social and political stability will prevail in Azerbaijan," said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that all freedoms will continue to be ensured in Azerbaijan.
"We are building a democratic society. The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party was a manifestation of democracy. Nevertheless, the APF-Musavat couple, which had occupied power in a coup d'etat, was ready to take the most antidemocratic steps to come in the party’s way. However, the New Azerbaijan Party made a great contribution to the creation of a political system in the country at that time. Today we are on the path to democracy,” he said.
The president noted that all freedoms – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly – are fully provided in Azerbaijan.
“But a group calling itself opposition and trying to use the freedom of assembly believes that some artificial barriers are being imposed on them. However, this is absolutely not the case. They should look for the reasons for those failed rallies in themselves. The people have long said “no” to those elements. They have no place in the political arena of Azerbaijan. It's not because we are hindering them, but because they are doomed to failure,” said the president.
“Their non-constructive actions and aggressive behavior increase tenfold the people’s hatred towards them. Especially it is impossible to hide something in present, in the internet century. The people of Azerbaijan know very well that today a group calling itself opposition is ruled out from abroad. They are given commands from abroad. As a result of those commands, they take an action and become active for a certain period of time. Then, when they see that less than a thousand people come to rallies, they make leeway. This once again shows that the Azerbaijani people will never allow the elements ruled out from abroad, the fifth column, to have certain positions in our country. The methodology is very simple, very easy. A lie is fabricated, and a slander campaign is given abroad. Then, this lie and slander is disseminated in foreign press. Later, on the basis of this, a certain stir - I would not call this revival - is observed. This stir shows itself in a few rallies. As always, the last rally is frustrating for its organizers, and the issue ends. In other words, today, the group which wants to take political struggle in this form - they can not be called force – does not take a lesson from anything. Time changes, people change, Azerbaijan is changing, methods of political struggle change, but they still want to live with old thinking and spend their trivial lives on these issues,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 13.01.2018Isa Gambar hospitalized for heart problem
- 13.01.2018Office of OSCE Representative on Freedom of Media should avoid taking tendentious approach toward Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 28th anniversary of January tragedy
- 11.01.2018Draft law on implementation by Azerbaijan of int'l organizations’ decisions to be tabled in parliament again
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to declare 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan witnessed successful, rapid development in 2017
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev declares 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’
- 10.01.2018Grandson of famous Azerbaijani intellectual Ahmed bey Agaoglu passes away
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament denies reports of increase in MP salaries
- 04.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends Christmas congratulations to Azerbaijan’s Orthodox Christian community
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament not to discuss issue of electing new ombudsperson during spring session
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan approves plan of events to commemorate 28th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 02.01.2018The Azerbaijani MFA expresses its attitude towards the events in Iran
- 02.01.2018Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s first plenary meeting in 2018
- 01.01.2018Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up last plenary meeting in 2017
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani Parliament to mark 100th anniversary
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 23.12.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: For Azerbaijan, Islamic solidarity is not only an idea but also a priority
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani to hold presidential election on 17 October 2018
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends int’l conference dedicated to Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 20.12.2017Survey: 85.2% of respondents will vote for President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.12.2017Georgia to pay special attention to teaching state language in regions with ethnic minorities
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed