Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan, and no country can develop while unstable, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of creation of the New Azerbaijan Party on Tuesday, APA reported.
“Today we see that there are no investments or social well-being in various parts of the world where stability is disturbed. Generally, such countries face a bitter fate. It is the people of Azerbaijan that guarantees our stability and it is the unity of the people and government that allows us to plan our long-term development strategy. As a result, Azerbaijan receives billions of dollars of foreign investment and the people of Azerbaijan live in relaxed, tranquil and secure conditions. That's why we should continue to work in a way so that Azerbaijan keeps on developing. I don’t doubt that social and political stability will prevail in Azerbaijan," said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that all freedoms will continue to be ensured in Azerbaijan.
"We are building a democratic society. The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party was a manifestation of democracy. Nevertheless, the APF-Musavat couple, which had occupied power in a coup d'etat, was ready to take the most antidemocratic steps to come in the party’s way. However, the New Azerbaijan Party made a great contribution to the creation of a political system in the country at that time. Today we are on the path to democracy,” he said.
The president noted that all freedoms – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly – are fully provided in Azerbaijan.
“But a group calling itself opposition and trying to use the freedom of assembly believes that some artificial barriers are being imposed on them. However, this is absolutely not the case. They should look for the reasons for those failed rallies in themselves. The people have long said “no” to those elements. They have no place in the political arena of Azerbaijan. It's not because we are hindering them, but because they are doomed to failure,” said the president.
“Their non-constructive actions and aggressive behavior increase tenfold the people’s hatred towards them. Especially it is impossible to hide something in present, in the internet century. The people of Azerbaijan know very well that today a group calling itself opposition is ruled out from abroad. They are given commands from abroad. As a result of those commands, they take an action and become active for a certain period of time. Then, when they see that less than a thousand people come to rallies, they make leeway. This once again shows that the Azerbaijani people will never allow the elements ruled out from abroad, the fifth column, to have certain positions in our country. The methodology is very simple, very easy. A lie is fabricated, and a slander campaign is given abroad. Then, this lie and slander is disseminated in foreign press. Later, on the basis of this, a certain stir - I would not call this revival - is observed. This stir shows itself in a few rallies. As always, the last rally is frustrating for its organizers, and the issue ends. In other words, today, the group which wants to take political struggle in this form - they can not be called force – does not take a lesson from anything. Time changes, people change, Azerbaijan is changing, methods of political struggle change, but they still want to live with old thinking and spend their trivial lives on these issues,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing salaries for servicemen of Foreign Intelligence Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards servicemen of Internal Troops
- 09.03.2018MP: Azerbaijan likely to see another biased attitude of OSCE/ODIHR towards upcoming presidential election
- 08.03.2018New public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 3 more candidates for presidential election
- 07.03.2018Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman comments on National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR election observation mission to start working in Azerbaijan on March 8
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani women
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed