Ilham Aliyev: We will build a stronger Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has said that Azerbaijani people have again demonstrated great confidence in him.
“The people of Azerbaijan have again placed great confidence in me in the presidential election. I would like to express my gratitude to my dear people for this confidence, for this great support. I have always felt support of the people of Azerbaijan. This support gives me strength. This support is the primary condition for our development. People-government unity lies at the heart of our development in Azerbaijan. In this election the people of Azerbaijan voted for stability, security, development, prosperity, and highly appreciated what has been done over the past 15 years. We have achieved this success together with you. People-government unity, our purposeful policy has transformed Azerbaijan into a powerful state. Azerbaijan`s international influence is growing, we managed to take a worthy standing on the global scale. Azerbaijan is today a country, which enjoys great respect, support in the world. We are a reliable partner, we are a country to be reckoned with, we managed to considerably strengthen our international standing,” said President Ilham Aliyev in his message to Azerbaijani people.
The Head of State noted that Azerbaijan has not deviated by an inch from our principled position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “Our principled position is being reinforced. This conflict must be solved within the framework of our country`s territorial integrity, there is no other way. In the past few years a number of influential international organizations have adopted several decisions and resolutions backing our position and justice. We have won great diplomatic victories. At the same time, we sealed victory on the battlefield. The Azerbaijan soldier, Azerbaijani army, the state of Azerbaijan liberated part of our territories from occupation. Part of Aghdara, Fuzuli, Jabrayil regions was freed from occupation, and Azerbaijan`s flag is today flying in these lands. Life returns to the retaken territories, people return there. The presidential election is held in these lands. The day will come when Azerbaijan`s flag will be raised, when the presidential election will be held, when the President of Azerbaijan will be elected in all our territories, which are under occupation.”
Ilham Aliyev said: “We should grow stronger. In order to grow stronger we should build a stronger economy. There is not a second country that has developed economically as much as Azerbaijan has in the past 15 years. Our economy has grown 3.2 times and Azerbaijan is today one of the world`s most competitive countries. We rank 35th in terms of competitiveness.
Our policy has always centered on the Azerbaijani citizen, his problems, concerns, his well-being. Salaries and pensions have increased 8 times in the past 15 years. This policy will be continued. Azerbaijan has become a country with space industry. We bring and apply advanced technologies in our country, and technological, scientific development will be one of the key priorities of our future activities.
In short, results are obvious in all areas. Azerbaijan is implementing huge energy and transport projects. On our initiative and with our participation these projects are redrawing Eurasia`s transport and energy maps. The state of Azerbaijan has never been this powerful. We have built a strong state, we should and will build a stronger Azerbaijan.
We have gone through a decent path, a path of triumphs and success. I am confident that we will always move forward on the path of success. Towards new triumphs!”
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 12.04.2018Portuguese observer: Election results reflect will of Azerbaijani people
- 12.04.2018CEC announces preliminary results of presidential election: Ilham Aliyev gains 86 percent of votes
- 12.04.2018Voting in Azerbaijan’s presidential election was well-organized: British MP
- 12.04.2018SCO: No law violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Presidential nominee Zahid Oruj congratulated Ilham Aliyev on winning the presidential election
- 11.04.2018Italian MP: "The election process was organized flawlessly"
- 11.04.2018BMAM: There were no violations at presidential election