Azerbaijani people choose Ilham Aliyev: New Azerbaijan Party
The people of Azerbaijan made the right choice in favor of Ilham Aliyev, Deputy Chairman and Executive Secretary of the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) Ali Ahmadov said at a press conference on April 11, APA reports.
He said that the voting in the presidential election started at 08:00 and ended at 19:00 local time.
According to the Central Election Comission, more than 3.9 million voters cast their ballots at the presidential election, added Ahmadov.
"According to the results of the exit polls conducted, Ilham Aliyev won over 80 percent of the vote, which means the YAP chairman gained a promising victory in the election. We think that the CEC will soon announce the election results,” he said.
Ahmadov stressed that the people of Azerbaijan made the right choice in favor of Ilham Aliyev.
He noted that the next seven years will be a new stage of development in Azerbaijan.
"A large-scale government plan will be developed thanks to Ilham Aliyev's strategy, which will cause Azerbaijan to develop in all spheres and strengthen its positions in the international community. Ilham Aliyev's victory is the victory of all the people of Azerbaijan and I congratulate our nation on this occasion,” Ahmadov added.
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 11.04.2018Georgian MP: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in line with European standards
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani people voted for peace, stability in presidential election: Bulgarian MP
- 11.04.2018BSEC observation mission holds press conference on Azerbaijan's presidential election
- 11.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan held openly, democratically, says Uzbek observer
- 11.04.2018CEC: 74.51% of voters cast ballots in Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 11.04.2018Bangladesh MP: April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan – exemplary