New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
"Measures are being taken to benefit from the transit potential of our republic by the means of modern transport logistics networks and services", Head of Azerbaijan Railways Javid Gurbanov said at the conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" organized by the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) in Baku, APA reports.
According to him, the railway, sea, automobile, air and pipeline routes are being explored to ensure the integration of national transport system into the international transport system.
Gurbanov noted that the measures taken in the country’s transport sector expand the country's participation opportunities in transit cargos.
He added that Azerbaijan is considered the most important country located in the crossroad:" One of the main goals is to turn the budget’s proceeds obtained from the transit services into the main source of income by ensuring efficient use of the opportunities created by the crossroads”.
The official part of the conference is over.
The event was continued with an artistic section.
The New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) organized a conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" in Baku.
The conference is attended by party leaders, government members, heads of local organizations and MPs, APA reports.
Speaking at the event, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister, deputy chairman-executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) spoke about the dividends distributed to Azerbaijan by the global energy and transportation projects implemented with country’s initiative in recent years. He noted that these projects serve the improvement of the people's welfare.
Stating that the conference was being held on a significant day Ahmadov noted that December 24 is the birthday of President Ilham Aliyev. "I congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan and the New Azerbaijan Party. I wish our President a firm state of health. The next presidential election will be held in Azerbaijan in 2018 - in just 10 months. The high authority, rating of President Ilham Aliyev, unequivocal support of the people to the policy implemented by him, serious positive changes taking place in Azerbaijan and the increasing role of Azerbaijan in the world provide a high chance of our president's election. I believe that after the presidential elections in 2018, we will hold next December's conference under the historic joy of our new victory," he said.
The conference continues.
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population