New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
The ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) has held an event to mark the 25th anniversary of the National Salvation Day, APA reports.
Addressing the event, YAP Deputy Chairman – Executive Secretary, Deputy Prime Minister Ali Ahmadov said that national leader Heydar Aliyev, with his return to power for the second time on 15 June 1993, laid a solid foundation for Azerbaijan’s independence.
Speaking about the events of that time, Ahmadov noted that Heydar Aliyev’s return to power in 1993 put an end to anarchy and chaos.
“The incompetence and inability of Azerbaijan’s then-leadership led to deepening of anarchy and there was a great threat to the country’s independence. There were serious problems with the neighboring countries, and Armenia, taking advantage of this situation, occupied Azerbaijani territories. After all this, the Azerbaijani people expressed their concern and demanded from Heydar Aliyev to come to Baku from Nakhchivan to put an end to this chaos,” he said.
With Heydar Aliyev’s return to power, the economic recession, Armenian aggression, and instability throughout the country were prevented, Ahmadov stressed.
“Azerbaijan started to develop, and is now a powerful country in the region. His return began to be deemed in our history as salvation. The future generation should never forget this history,” he added.
Eldar Guliyev, MP, member of YAP Board of Directors also spoke about the events that happened at that time.
"In fact, we wanted Heydar Aliyev to return to power before the Popular Front Party, which claimed to adhere to democracy. Unfortunately, this was not possible because of some so-called democrats holding people in fear. At that time, people were afraid of them. However, Heydar Aliyev came to Baku at the will of the people and saved Azerbaijan from calamity,” he said.
Other YAP members, MPs, and youth also spoke about the importance of the National Salvation Day and national leader Heydar Aliyev’s role in the history of Azerbaijan.
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition