New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
A new bill on the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan was tabled for the second reading at the parliament’s plenary session on Friday.
He noted that the new bill is entirely in line with military doctrine, national interests and international standards.
Based on the latest amendments to the Constitution of Azerbaijan, a new bill on the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan has been worked out defining legal regulation on activities of the Armed Forces.
In accordance with the Constitution, the notion of Armed Forces has been specified and it has been noted that the Armed Forces is made up of the Azerbaijan Army and other armed formations.
The law “On the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, adopted in 1991 and currently in force, determined the legal basis not only of the Armed Forces, but only of its part – the Azerbaijani Army.
The new bill specifies for the first time the notions of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan, its integral part – the Azerbaijani Army and other armed formations of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The activity of the Azerbaijani Army is organized by the Ministry of Defense, while other armed formations include special service bodies that ensure the security and national interests of the country and fight terrorism, the internal forces that provide protection of public order and security, border enforcement bodies that provide protection of state borders, the military association that forms civil defense, the organization that provides security of state protection facilities and defense of protected objects and others.
The bill regulates the issues of appointment, management and military construction of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, as well as determines the legal basis for the activities of the Armed Forces.
According to the bill, the number of other armed formations shall be established by the President of Azerbaijan.
The document lists the tasks and main responsibilities of the Armed Forces and regulates the activities of the Armed Forces.
In turn, the activities of the structures that make up the Armed Forces will be regulated in accordance with separate laws “On the Azerbaijani Army”, “On intelligence and counterintelligence”, “On Internal Forces”, “On border guard services”, etc.
The bill was put to the vote and adopted.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population