PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
PACE sanction on the Azerbaijani delegation head Samad Seyidov is unfair, groundless and biased, said Azay Guliyev, Vice-President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, member of the Azerbaijani delegation to the OSCE PA, APA reports.
Guliyev said that the prepared report is full of contradictions.
“There are no facts proving Seyidov’s involvement in corruption. The report is fully devoted to Azerbaijan. This, of course, is regrettable. I think that the PACE should not underestimate its values in any cases. The PACE should not target one country by special order and take similar steps against it,” he added.
As for the probability of Azerbaijan’s withdrawal from the PACE, Guliyev said that the country is the most active member of the organization.
“I don’t think Azerbaijan will withdraw from the Council of Europe in connection with the latest events. Azerbaijan is one of the countries that always respects activity principles and values of this organization. Azerbaijan is not going to review its decision and withdraw from the PACE under the pressure of various circles and their provocative intentions,” Guliyev said. “Behind such steps are insidious plans to harm relations and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Europe. It is necessary to take into account that today Azerbaijan is the main trade partner of the EU and plays an important role in providing Europe with alternative energy. Such projects as TAP, TANAP, and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars are implemented in our country. In this case everyone is aware who is interested in these insidious actions.”
Commenting on the issue of replacing the head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE, Guliyev said that Seyidov’s resignation would be considered wrong from the moral point of view.
"From a political point of view, the Azerbaijani government and Samad Seyidov should determine the situation and how the approach will be and make decisions suitable for the situation. In my opinion, it would be unfair to dismiss Samad Seyidov from his post," he added.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 12.08.2008Chairman of Azerbaijan’s Central Election Commission appeals to heads of enterprises and companies
- 12.08.2008Gudret Hasanguliyev: “Mikhail Saakashvili would never attempt to return South Ossetia without the countenance of the United States”
- 13.08.2008Armenian armed forces fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 12.08.2008Gulamhuseyn Alibayli appeals to CEC on nomination for Presidency
- 12.08.2008Armenian armed forces violate cease-fire in Tovuz direction
- 11.08.2008Azerbaijan Democratic Party: “Russia once more demonstrated that it backs all the separatist conflicts in the post-Soviet area”