President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) was a turning point in the history of modern Azerbaijani statehood, said President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a solemn ceremony held on Tuesday to mark the 25th anniversary of the founding of YAP, APA reported.
“Twenty-five years ago, 91 patriotic people appealed to national leader Heydar Aliyev to undertake the mission of creating the party,” he said.
The head of state reminded that the conference for the party’s establishment was chaired by Heydar Aliyev himself in Nakhchivan.
"It was a great historic event. At that time, the APF-Musavat couple did not allow the conference to be held in Baku. More than 500 delegates from different parts of the country came to Nakhchivan to attend the conference. That was a turning point in the history of modern Azerbaijani statehood,” noted President Aliyev.
The president also underlined Heydar Aliyev's service to the people of Azerbaijan at all times, saying that during the national leader’s reign, the country developed comprehensively.
"In the early 1990s, the government in Azerbaijan had lost the people’s confidence and the country was virtually in mischief. The chaos and anarchy was raging throughout the country, with bribery commonplace. Our lands had been occupied. There were economic and industrial crises. All this was posing an impending threat to Azerbaijan. The people appealed to Heydar Aliyev and the establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party became a necessity. The creation of the party opened the way for Azerbaijan to gain independence. Today YAP has some 700,000 people in its ranks,” added Ilham Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing salaries for servicemen of Foreign Intelligence Service
- 09.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards servicemen of Internal Troops
- 09.03.2018MP: Azerbaijan likely to see another biased attitude of OSCE/ODIHR towards upcoming presidential election
- 08.03.2018New public legal entity created in Azerbaijan
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 3 more candidates for presidential election
- 07.03.2018Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman comments on National Council’s March 10 rally
- 07.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR election observation mission to start working in Azerbaijan on March 8
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani women
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute